3: New Beginnings༄

To say Eden was surprised was an understatement.

She was dumbfounded. Completely and utterly dumbfounded.

The redheaded man next to her was no help either. Jimin was in hysterics, cackling like someone just told him the most hilarious joke of all time. Behind him, Yoongi had the piercing care package in his hands and his small lips showed the tiniest hint of a smile. Eden gestured wildly to her ear, still too stupefied to say a word.

"What?" the blond challenged.

"Why does the shadow of my earring say your name?"

"Its a watermark," he said plainly. "Just so people know where you got it from."

Jimin finally stopped laughing, wiping a tear from his eye as he took Eden's chin between his thumb and index finger. "It looks good," he said, turning her head to take another look. "You can't even really see it unless there's light on it."

Still, something about having the grumpy piercer's name projected behind her ear constantly made Eden feel weird. Taking another look at the shadow, she sighed.

"Thank you," She muttered. "How much do I owe you?"

"Oh, don't pay me," Yoongi said quickly. He handed her the care package and pointed out the door. "Pay Namjoon. Jimin will take you back to the front."

Eden shrugged her coat back up on her shoulders, nodding silently as she made sure the stack of cash was still in her pocket. She could hear Jimin and Yoongi whispering behind her, and she wondered what they were talking about. She didn't really mean to, but she purposefully took her time zipping up her coat to catch some of the conversation.

"... -Joon made you do it?"

"Yup." There was a sigh. "But it should be fine, right? Did you check her?"

"Clean as a needle. I think you're good."

"Great. The last thing-"

The earring suddenly started to burn red hot in Eden's ear, and she hissed and grabbed at her ear feverishly. The metal itself was still cool, but something about it still made her ear burn.

"Oh, are you alright?"

Jimin's hand gently reached for her shoulder, turning her softly to face him. "Let me take a look," he whispered, pulling her hand away. Her ear was bright red around the silver of the earring, like it would swell any second. Jimin pressed his fingertips to her skin gently. "Are you allergic to silver?"

"Um. I don't know.. I don't think so."

Yoongi threw his hands up in the air. "Of course she doesn't. It's her first piercing."

Jimin frowned slightly, his eyes fixed on her skin. "Keep an eye on it," he said after a second. "If it gets worse you should come back."

"Come back? Shouldn't I go to a doctor?"

Jimin shook his head. "We can fix it. Free of charge. We'll get you a new earring and everything. But you have to come back to us, not another parlor."

Eden nodded, zipping up the last of her coat. "I'm, uh, ready to pay now."

"Great! I'll take you to Joon."

Jimin's cheerful demeanor returned as he made his way to the doorway, holding the door open for Eden with a smile. She smiled back, taking a second to turn to Yoongi before she left. "Thank you," she mumbled awkwardly.