21: Cards ༄

"This movie sucks."

"How is Yohan so rich and yet he refuses to pay for the decent movie channels?"

Hoseok snickered at Jungkook's comment, tossing him the remote as he did. "You pick the movie then."

"Gladly," he grumbled.

After their impromptu meeting in the closet, Jungkook and Eden made their way back upstairs to join everyone else in their movie marathon. They swore each other to secrecy— nobody could find out about their plan, especially since Yoongi was against it. They'd lay low for the afternoon, then later that evening, once the sun began to set, they'd meet up in the garden and initiate phase one of their plan: training.

Jungkook reassured her that she was in capable hands, since he was the son of one of the most powerful Achitia families. If anyone could train her, it was him.

Eden wasn't so sure how much of that she believed.

"Oh, that looks good," Jimin purred from his spot on the bed. Images of a black and white mystery movie flickered on the TV screen. "We could try that."

"You picked the last movie," Hoseok hummed.

"And you did a terrible job."

Jimin squinted threateningly, curling his lips into a mock pout. "Can you do better, Jungkook?"

The younger waved the remote around in exasperation. "I'm trying!"

Eden smiled at Jungkook's theatrics from her place on the bed.

The air in the room was comfortable, despite Yohan's threats looming over their heads. It felt, almost, like they were back in the human realm, piled in the living room of the two story eggshell colored house, preparing to watch whatever movie they could find on Netflix. Even though that was less than a week ago, it felt like a lifetime away— back when Eden's only grievance was Yoongi and his moodiness. Now, they were trying to make the best of a bad situtation, all while avoiding prison.

What a turnaround.

"Yeah, I give up," Jungkook groaned. He dangled the remote above his head for someone to take. "Anyone have any ideas?"

"I didn't see anything interesting either," Jin hummed. "Joon?"

Startled, Namjoon looked up from the book in his hands. "I... wasn't paying attention."

"Did you see anything you wanted to watch, Tae?"

All 6 pairs of eye turned to look at Taehyung, who was sandwiched between Jimin and Jin like a child. He picked at the skin on his fingers, keeping his eyes down and trying not to look at anyone. Without saying a word, he shook his head.

Jin let out a labored breath, reaching a hand over and affectionately running it through the younger's hair. "That's alright," he whispered.

"What about you, Eden?"

Shrugging, she peeled her eyes away from Taehyung and looked back at Jungkook. "Nothing caught my eye either."

"There's probably a cheesy reality show on," Hoseok mumbled. "There has to be something to watch in this fucking cesspool."

"We could always play a game or something?"

"That's true," Jin piped. "Games are always fun. We could play a bunch of games if we hard cards."

"I actually think there might be some in Yoongi and my's room," Eden mentioned. "I could go check?"

Jin shot her one of his signature warm smiles and nodded. "That'd be great."