12: Night Sky༄

The glow of the moon fell on Eden's face softly, illuminating her features like something straight from a renaissance painting. She supposed she should go inside now, since it was beginning to get really cold and she didn't exactly have proper clothes. But the night sky was so peaceful, so beautiful and still that she just wanted to bask in it for a moment.

After everyone went inside, Jin made a quick dinner and they all split off to do their own thing. Jimin and Taehyung went upstairs to play games on Jungkook's playstation. The latter stayed in the living room with Jin, Namjoon and Hoseok to watch yet another movie. Yoongi had turned in early, muttering something about not feeling well.

Eden felt absolutely fine though, so they knew he lied.

After that, she had slipped out the back door and sat on the swinging bench, just to watch the stars and calm her mind down from all the racing thoughts. Though the argument had happened so long ago, she was still so angry, and Yoongi's behavior wasn't helping.

Besides that, she was getting a bit antsy now after sitting like ducks in the middle of nowhere for close to a week. Namjoon assured her that Yoongi would tell them when they could go back, and that they were safe here, but something about it all felt... wrong.

She sighed and shifted so she was sitting on one of her feet, gently kicking her dangling leg to move the bench. At least here, in the dark, she could feel some semblance of peace.

"Room for one more?"

Jungkook's head poked out the back door, a curious and kind look in his eyes. Eden smiled and nodded, moving over so there was space for him to sit too. He emerged from the door with two steaming mugs, one in each of his hands. He handed one of them to Eden as he sat down, a hopeful look on his face.

"I hope you like hot chocolate," he said softly. "I figured you needed something to warm you up. It's a little cold out here."

She smiled and held the steaming mug in her hands. "I love hot chocolate," she grinned. "Thank you."

The two sat like that for a second, the sounds of nighttime and their slurping encasing them in a comfortable silence. Jungkook may not have had Jin or Jimin's powers, but Eden always felt comfortable with him. She definitely considered him to be the one she was closest to out of all of them.

She cringed internally. Was that wrong? Should she be closest to Yoongi?

"The moon is pretty tonight," Jungkook muttered. "So are the stars."

Eden nodded. "Something about the dark is just... comforting," she sighed. "I know I need to go inside soon 'cause it's cold, but I really don't want to."

"That's fair. I'll stay with you for a bit if you don't mind the company?"

"Not at all."

They swung on the bench for a bit more, sipping their hot chocolate and making off handed comments about the night sky and the rest of their crew inside the house. Jungkook told stories of when they were younger and just left Iphorus, having to blend in with the people around them in this realm. He did a good job at avoiding the obvious, managing to find everything but Yoongi to talk about.

"I'm serious." He shook his head. "Namjoon wore sunglasses all the time. So much for blending in, right?"

Eden laughed, holding her hot chocolate cup tightly to avoid spilling what was left. "No way," she giggled. "I would pay to see that."