10: Here In The Garden༄

It wasn't the clinking of pots and pans that roused Eden from her sleep, but the sound of the door to the room she was in creaking open slowly. She squinted, trying to keep the light from the window out of her eyes while she tried to collect her consciousness.

A hand found its way into the curve of her back, shaking her gently in an attempt to wake her up. A whine made its way from the back of her throat as she scrunched up her eyebrows.

"Yoongi?" She mumbled weakly. She wasn't even sure if the person heard her. Sleep was pulling her back under its waves whether she liked it or not.

The second shake was a bit more persistent, and she finally managed to hear the voice speaking to her.

"Edennn," Hoseok cooed. "They sent me in here to wake you up. Yoongi's making lunch."

She rolled on her back, her eyes still closed. "Lunch?"

"Yeah. It's almost 2 you know."

At that, she sat up and stretched her arms over her head, yawning and cracking every bone she could. When she finally opened her eyes all the way, she saw Hoseok standing nearby, a greasy spoon in his hand and a bright smile on his face. His hair was relaxed compared to its usual slicked up state. He had on a muscle tee and his sweats, and through her morning haze Eden could see the edge of a scar right under his collarbone.

His brand.

"Sorry to wake you," He said sheepishly. "We usually eat together, and we wanted to hold out until you got up but Jungkook's still growing so he's hungry all the time, and Taehyung kept stealing meat from the hot pan. It's a mess out there."

"It's okay," she smiled back. "I'll be there in a second, I just need to freshen up."

Hoseok smiled back a genuine and cheerful smile. "I'll tell the rest of them. I left a toothbrush on the nightstand for you."

With that, he was gone.

Eden swung her legs out of bed, heading to the en suite bathroom to do what she needed to do. After brushing her teeth she paused momentarily in the mirror, giving her appearance a once over. Her eye bags were virtually gone, and she noticed her color returning to her face. Overall she looked a lot better than she did at 3 this morning. She attributed this to the 11 hours of sleep, rather than the sneaking suspicion in her mind that it was because she spent time with Yoongi.

The only real issue now was that she could still see the imprint of fingers around her throat. She pressed on one of the marks gingerly, wincing at the pain that zipped through her body.

Well, one thing at a time, she supposed.

Once she was done in the bathroom, she made her way out into the hallway, the smell of food drifting into her nose and staying there. Whatever was cooking smelled amazing.

Rounding the corner near the stairs, she saw the group of men sitting at the dining table on the opposite side of the kitchen. Their usual slicked up hair and dark leather clothes were traded for lazy ponytails and soft colored fabrics. If it weren't for the ink adorning their bodies, Eden would think they were completely harmless.

Namjoon caught her eyes first, his face lighting up in a way that looked a little too juvenile for his body.

"Hey!" He grinned. "You're awake now! Come, come. Eat lunch with us. Yoongi and Jin cooked."

The rest of them hummed in greeting, too preoccupied with filling their plates with heaping spoonfuls of whatever they could. Scanning the table for an empty seat, she noticed the only one was next to Yoongi.