17: The Truth ༄

"Please say sike."

             Jungkook's wavering voice broke through the tension in the room. Under any other circumstance Eden would've laughed, but at that moment all she could do was agree with him in hoping it was a joke.

Yoongi gritted his teeth together. "No," he growled. "This is my father. Yohan Min."

            "I knew I recognized you," Namjoon muttered. "But I couldn't place it.

    Jungkook whipped around. "Wait, you know him?"

    Jin placed a shushing hand on the youngest's shoulder, his gaze dropping to the floor. "This was all before you joined." he mumbled. "It's...complicated."

            "A pleasure to officially meet you all." The man in question grinned. "I'm sorry we got off to such a rough start, though I'm sure you could understand my haste to get my son better."

    "You hurt my family," Yoongi said flatly. "You're lucky I can't get out of this bed and kill you."

    Yohan gasped dramatically, the glint of amusement never leaving his eyes. "Is that any way to talk to your father, Yoongi?"

    "Fuck off."

             Eden slid her hand over Yoongi's under the sheet. She patted him gently, trying to get him to calm down before he actually did hop out the bed. He was still wrapped in bandages, and as angry as he was, fighting his father would likely do more harm than good.

           To her surprise, he flipped his hand over and entwined their fingers together. His hands were cold, and his fingers were calloused, likely from all the gardening he did. Still, he grasped her hand tightly, an action that did not go unnoticed by his father.

              Yohan scowled, adjusting the collar of his shirt. His eyes trailed up to Eden's face, holding her gaze intensely. "I'm sorry, I don't think we've been introduced."

    Yoongi's grip on her hand tightened. "Good. You don't need to be."

    "Nonsense." He slithered up to the bed, his dark and heavy eyes still trained on Eden's face. "This is your soul-tie, no? Shouldn't she know your family?"

    He stood at the side of the bed, his scowl slowly transforming into his signature sick grin. Similar to Yoongi's eyes, his grin was sly and catlike. He bent over and held out his hand for Eden to shake, every gesture and movement looking calculated. "Nice to meet you," he leered. "You can call me Mr. Min. And I can call you...?"

    "Eden."

    "Eden," he repeated. "And what clan might you be from, Eden?"

    "This isn't what you came here for," Yoongi interrupted. He sat up, effectively blocking Eden from his father's view. "Your business is with me, not with her."

    Yohan hummed, standing up straight. "I suppose you're right." He stepped back and sat in a nearby chair, crossing his legs as he got comfortable.

    As objectively terrifying as he was, Eden couldn't help but notice how he commanded the room. It was no doubt that Yoongi got his leadership spirit from his father, even if he seemed to hate him. He continued to hold everyone's attention as he blew warm air on his watch, using the condensation to clean off the face.

    "Now, I'm assuming Junseo filled you all in on why you're all here?"

    "All of us?"

    Namjoon's eyebrows were downturned. "He only mentioned Yoongi. What do you need all eight of us for?"

    "Eight?" When Namjoon gestured to Eden, Yohan sighed. "Ah. I didn't account for the girl, but I suppose she can be useful as well." His eyes trailed over to Yoongi, who looked like he was ready to fly off the handle at any moment. Eden kept her grip on his hand, hoping that the small action would keep him grounded.