2:Shadows༄

Once the two were left in the room alone, Yoongi talked less, as if that were possible. He motioned for Eden to take a seat in the chair and turned his back to her, pulling out a thick strip of metal and pliers and beginning to work on the design, only pausing to say one thing:

"I have to make the earring from scratch, since the one in the picture is the only one that currently exists. Just sit here, I'll be done soon."

After that, nothing.

The silence was deafening. Every breath in the room echoed and radiated off the walls and bounced right back on her ears. The man was no help, working silently with his back hunched over his work protectively. There was no room to peek, no room to ask questions. She fiddled with the flaps of her jacket as a means to occupy herself, but her curiosity was sparking with each passing second.

What's wrong with me getting the piercing? She thought. It was a gorgeous earring, Yoongi should be proud of it. Still, his scowl and irritation were burned into her brain.

"But we don't know her."

So what?

The door to Yoongi's workplace creaked open, and a now familiar mop of brown hair poked through the door. "Hey!" Namjoon grinned. "I'm almost done with your paperwork and stuff, I just need some information from you to complete all the fields."

"Sure," Eden muttered, glad that she wasn't alone in the room with Yoongi anymore. She wasn't sure if she would call him intimidating, but he certainly wasn't the friendliest. He and Namjoon seemed close, and Eden couldn't imagine how that dynamic worked.

"Perfect," he purred. "Full name?"

"Eden Kemp."

"Cute name," He smiled, scribbling down quickly on the form in his hand. "You said you were 18 right? Can I just get your date of birth?"

She shifted in her seat. "Um, December 9th, 2002."

A dull thud punctuated her sentence, and Eden looked over to see Yoongi's pliers now abandoned on the floor. His tiny eyes were wide in surprise, and she followed his gaze to an equally shocked Namjoon.

"Holy shit," the brunette breathed, an untraceable emotion passing through his eyes.

The two stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity, though it couldn't have lasted for more than a couple seconds. Remembering Eden was in the room, they quickly turned away from each other.

Yoongi cursed under his breath, snatching his pliers from the ground and continuing his work on the earring.

Eden was uncomfortable, to say the least. "Did I say something wrong?"

Namjoon regained his composure first, his smile returning to his face like nothing happened. "No, not at all," he said quickly. "Happy Birthday, by the way. I think the piercing is a perfect birthday present for yourself."

Yoongi let out a noise between a scoff and a laugh, but quickly covered it up with a cough. Ignoring him, the kinder man gave the paperwork in his hand another once over. "I think that's all I need from you," he said. "I'm going to go file this. Will you be paying with cash or card?"

"Cash," Eden answered quickly. Realizing her tone, she blushed and scrunched in on herself. "I can pay in cash."

He nodded and smiled his bright smile once again. "Once you're all done with Yoongi here you can come back to the front and pay. Remember, don't let him intimidate you."

The brown hair disappeared behind the door once again, and the suffocating silence in the room came back, except now the blond haired man to her left kept cursing under his breath every few seconds.