7: A Newbie Thing༄

It's funny how meeting someone only shows you a very specific part of them. In the few hours she had gotten to know the workers of Body Works Piercing Parlor, Eden really only saw one side of each of them, Hoseok and Taehyung excluded. Jimin and Jin were kind beyond belief and two of the most welcoming people she'd ever met. Jungkook was a flirt, Namjoon was a go with the flow kind of guy, and Yoongi was just angry.

But now, as the seven of them ran around the room in silent panic, there was another, completely different side to them.

And truthfully, it terrified her.

"Alright, we're ready to go," Hoseok breathed. Yoongi had been leaning against the staircase railing the whole time, his eyes never leaving the dark walkway. Eden could tell from his posture that he was completely on guard, waiting for even the tiniest piece of lint to fall out of place.

He hummed absentmindedly, barely paying attention to what Hoseok was saying to him. "Take her to the car," he mumbled. "I'll meet you guys at the house soon."

"Yoon, really, you should just come with us now. There's no time."

The blond ignored him. "Eden, follow him downstairs. The others are in the car waiting for you."

"Are you not coming?"

Yoongi peeled his eyes away from the staircase for a second, his eyebrow quirking up at the fear in Eden's voice. He paused, his eyes roaming her face in search of something she couldn't figure out. He sighed and looked back down the stairs. "I'll meet you guys when you get there. I have to make sure everything is in place and you all can't stay here when I do. You definitely can't stay here."

"Come on," Hoseok said. He reached his hand out for Eden to grab. "We should go."

Though they hadn't been formally introduced, the look on the tall brunette's face said that he would take care of her, just because Yoongi told him to. She didn't doubt she was in good hands, not for a second, but she couldn't help staring after Yoongi as Hoseok pulled her towards the staircase on the other side of the room.

The two hustled down the stairs quickly, their hands never drifting apart for a second. Hoseok moved like a shadow, every step quick and calculated to the T. Eden barely registered the dim fluorescent lights from the back room of the parlor before she was whisked out the door and into the cold.

The freezing December air nipped at her skin, reminding her of her poor choice of clothes. It seemed so long ago that she was unpacking her things in her new apartment, starting her new life free from the confines of her childhood.

This was certainly a new life, but not the one she planned for.

Hoseok put his hand in the curve of her back, his brown eyes inspecting every inch of the scenery around them. He led her around to the back of the building, where a completely black car stood waiting for them. The back door was open, and she could see Jimin's head peeking over one of the seats. With a final look around, Hoseok ushered Eden into the third row of seats in the car. Jungkook scooted so he was out of the way, letting her sit in the middle of him and Taehyung. Hoseok fixed the pulled down seat in the row in front of them and climbed in after her.

"Where's Yoongi?" Jin's voice sounded panicked.

"He said he'd meet us there. We have to go now. There's no time to wait for him."

Jin sucked his teeth and slapped his hand against the dashboard. At the concerned looks of everyone behind him, he closed his eyes and took a breath. "Alright, it's fine, it's fine. Jungkook, keep an eye on Eden please."