11: Hide and Seek༄

After the argument in the garden, Eden saw very little of Yoongi.

Any room she entered he would immediately find an excuse to leave, muttering something about needing to make sure they were safe or wanting to go see whichever one of them was in their room. The other boys were noticing too, but they didn't say a word.

Jin just patted Eden on the shoulder and shook his head. "Yoongi will be Yoongi," he muttered.

And indeed he was.

It'd been three days of awkward tension before Jin got sick of it, ordering everyone into the garden and backyard area for fresh air. He practically dragged Yoongi from his bedroom and tossed him outside, slamming and locking the door and putting the key in his shirt pocket. The message was clear, no one was going inside until Jin went inside.

Jimin, Taehyung, Jungkook and Eden had found themselves under the shade of a nearby tree. Though it was cold out, it wasn't entirely unpleasant, so they were dressed in lighter jackets and long sleeved shirts as opposed to heavy coats and sweaters.

"I spy with my little eye something... green."

"Grass," Jimin mumbled.

"Leaves."

"Jin's shirt."

"Eden gets the point," Taehyung mumbled. "His shirt is practically neon."

"It's hurting my eyes," Jungkook chuckled.

The four of them fell back into a bored silence, just listening to the wind whistle through the trees around them. Across the lawn, Namjoon was sitting next to Jin on the swinging bench, a book and coffee in his hands. He was content everywhere, as long as he had a book to occupy him. Hoseok was asleep in one of the lounging chairs, his coat pulled up just under his eyes.

And Yoongi— well, he had disappeared shortly after Jin threw him.

"You know what we should do," Taehyung muttered.

The group hummed in question, everyone too bored to speak.

"We should play a game. A fun one."

"You sure do love games," Eden smiled. She sat up off the tree trunk, her brown eyes peering into his. "What game this time?"

"How about tag? Or hide and seek?"

"Hide and seek sounds fun," Jimin smiled. He pushed himself up off the ground and stretched. "Who's seeking first?"

"Rock paper scissors should settle that."

The four stood around in a circle and played rock, paper, scissors until Taehyung won, making him the first seeker. He grinned and turned toward the tree, putting his hands over his eyes and loudly counting down from 20.

The remaining three scurried off in every direction, Jungkook slipping under the car and Jimin climbing a nearby tree. Eden momentarily panicked before dipping behind a bush, pressing her body close to the ground to keep herself hidden.

"Here comes TaeTae!"

Eden listened as his footsteps scurried away from her. She peered through the bush to catch a glimpse of his grey hair disappearing around the side of the house, his deep giggle echoing through the entire garden. Jin was watching, amused, with a small smile on his face.

Jimin was extremely agile in the tree, managing to balance on a branch so he could sit comfortably without his legs swinging. It was a smart idea; no one automatically looks up when playing hide and seek. Taehyung reappeared from the side of the house with his hands on his hips in thought.