15: Search and Recover ༄

Hearing that the boys had powers was one thing.

Seeing them use those powers was something completely different.

Jungkook picked Eden up like she weighed next to nothing, tossing her into Taehyung's lap with a whisper for him to watch her. Then, he vanished. 

"What the—?"

Taehyung held the confused girl in his arms tightly, pressing his finger against her lips. His eyes were wide, which was odd considering how low his lids usually hung. None of them in the room said anything. They just sat quietly and waited, not even the sound of breathing echoing in the room.

As quickly as he disappeared, Jungkook came back, seeming to just step out of the shadows. His dark brown eyes were intense as he motioned for everyone to get in close.

          "There are two guys out there," he whispered. "I don't know what clan they're from, but they're definitely from Iphorus and not some regular burglars."

            "Do we fight them or stay in place?"

            Everyone turned to Namjoon, who's eyes were moving rapidly behind his closed lids. Once they stilled, he reopened his eyes and sighed. "We need to fight."

            "We can't all join," Hoseok mumbled. "Someone has to stay with Eden. If we leave her she could fall back into an unconscious state, and we'll lose our contact with Yoongi."

           "I'll stay," Taehyung gulped. There was little protest on anyone's end at that. The grey haired man stood up with Eden in his arms and made his way behind the recliner, ducking down so they couldn't be seen. It was definitely a good hiding spot; the back of the chair served as one wall, and the corner of the two walls next to it served as walls 2 and 3. There was only one opening, and it was so dark in the living room no one would be able to see them.

           At least Eden hoped so.

           Jungkook popped down and made sure they were situated. "This will be over quick," he muttered. "You two stay hidden until we call for you. Don't move a muscle."

           Taehyung nodded, gripping Eden tighter to his body.

            The youngest of the group let out a sigh before stepping back, his body fading into a shadow. Eden's eyes went wide.

              So this was his power.

    She heard a few times about the powers that the Achitia clan possessed, but never did she imagine watching Jungkook literally dissolve into a shadow at will. With labored breaths, she shifted in Taehyung's grip, trying to fight the overwhelming feeling of sickness that was starting to come back to her.

              "Are you okay?"

              Taehyung peered down at her with intense eyes. In their close quarters, Eden could feel his heart thudding rapidly against his ribcage. His chest rattled with force, almost like his heart was being shaken around in the hollow case he called a chest.  He was scared, and she didn't blame him. She gulped and nodded in response to his question, trying to look less scared for his sake.

              Behind them, Eden could hear footsteps crunching through the shattered glass from the back door. A deep unfamiliar voice muttered something, and the sound of footsteps split in two, with one fading away as it went up the stairs. She watched the shadows on the floor intently, trying to recognize the shapes and see who was nearby.

              Sounds like Achitia stuff.

              Jungkook's voice from the day of the garden incident rang in the back of her mind. While she may not be able to discern shadows or fade into them like he and Hoseok could, she definitely noticed that she had an affinity for the dark, something none of the other clans did. Either way, she was awful at making decisions, and she didn't radiate the calm energy that Jimin and Jin did.