23: Trying ༄

After dinner, phase one of their escape plan was officially in action. The group returned to their respective rooms, trying to gather every bit of sleep from their bodies so they effectively could knock out as quickly as possible.

            It worked for the most part. Eden, however, was having some trouble. The expensive mattress she shared with Yoongi did not prove to be helpful in falling asleep.

    Eden learned this rather quickly. She groaned as she turned over for what seemed like the thousandth time that night, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in. She tried her stomach, her back, and her right side— nothing was helping. As she turned to settle on her left side, she eyed a familiar head of blonde hair across the bed. She glared at his sleeping form, jealous that he managed to get comfortable and fall asleep, leaving her up by herself.

              Yoongi had hopped into bed and fallen asleep immediately after telling her goodnight. That was about two hours ago. She tried everything; counting sheep, telling herself a story, faking it— but it seemed like no matter what she did, she just couldn't find the tiredness behind her eyelids.

    To be honest, she was bubbling over with anxiety. The escape plan was already being put into action. 24 hours from then, she would likely be with Jungkook, Jimin, and Taehyung, running through grass and trees and leaping over boulders to avoid getting caught and sent to prison. And still, she was powerless in all of it.

               The closest she had ever gotten in training to actually using her powers had been interrupted, and now there were no more opportunities for the foreseeable future.

Frustrated, Eden clenched her hands into fists. Obviously, trying to sleep was getting her nowhere. She had decided on sitting in the windowsill and staring at the night sky, when Yoongi stirred in the bed next to her.

He let out a small huff, a breathy groan following shortly after. His legs twitched as he fidgeted in the bed, seemingly acting out his dream.

              Yoongi rolled onto his back, eyebrows pinched together with his signature scowl painted on his face. He hummed again, Adam's apple bobbing dangerously in his throat as he did.  A bead of sweat dripped from his temple as his scowl got deeper, his face wrinkling in frustration as his breathing grew labored.

               Then—

               "Stop," he mumbled. His voice sounded small, timid, broken. It was nothing like his usual deep drawl that sent vibrations through Eden's body and scared anyone in hearing distance.

               "I don't— no."

               Eden sat up slowly, peering across the bed to get a better look at his face. He was still asleep, his long dark lashes were splayed across his under-eye region, unmoving. His lips were set in a tight pout as he whined in his sleep, eyebrows pushed together until they looked like one.

                 "Please," he whined out.

                  "Yoon?"

                    Her tentative hand reached over, pausing just above his shoulder. It didn't seem as bad as his last nightmare, where he was completely still and unresponsive. Maybe she could get through to him without needing Jin.

                   "Yoongi? Are you okay?"

                     She waited for him to stir at the sound of her voice, but when another whine pushed from the back of his throat, she knew he hadn't heard her.