Chapter 9

Jane had decided to paint in her room after the stress of today's 'family meeting'

Jane had decided to paint in her room after the stress of today's 'family meeting'. She didn't realize what she was painting she was allowing her hand to travel the canvas. She'd been at this until night began to fall and she finished with a final brush stroke, backing away to looking at her masterpiece. She chuckled at her crazy self noticing it was everyone in the academy grown up wearing the ugly uniforms with a bright red sky behind them.

"Wow that's amazing." Diego's voice spoke calmly but she still jumped high and let out a frightened scream. Diego looked amused at her reaction but Jane glared deep into his soul wondering how long he had been there. "When did you get here?" She asked as he smirked at her reaction. "Since.... you started painting." Diego answered smoothly playing with his knife while laying on her bed. Janes eyes practically bugged out knowing that was almost the entire day and she hasn't even noticed?

"Your very talented. Although I think I have a bit more muscle then that." Diego said pointing to his arms that he began flexing as he walked closer to her painting. "Whatever you need to tell yourself spandex." She answered like a smart ass making him chuckle. "Now how about we go get something to eat? My treat?" He said as he stretched from laying down for too long. "This wouldn't be a date would it?" Jane asked wide eyed tense and nervous.

Diego began choking on his own spit and also looked similar to her. "I -I-I mean ..... if you want it to?..... it's cool if you don't either-. Uh we should go." Diego answered awkwardly making Jane nod slowly with a small smile. As they walked out of the room the two heard something down the hall and looked to see two adults wearing child masks with guns. "Who the hell are you?." Jane muttered all looks of amusement gone.

Suddenly the two masked figures began walking towards us with their guns raised and firing like crazy. Diego grabbed my arm pulling me as we ran away from them. Diego threw two knives behind his back that hit the bear in the face only bouncing off his metal mask.  Diego quickly pulled Jane in a room at the end of the hall using his body to cover hers, he was basically hugging her closely. Jane had to fight herself and the others from pushing him off roughly.

As the two walked closer me and Diego nodded at each other. Suddenly Hammerhead was out and ready to protect the body as she went for the girl and Diego tried to disarm the man. Hammer head roughly punched the woman's mask soon realizing it's hard material before sufficing with a punch to her stomach repeatedly making the woman grain at her strength. Somehow while Hammerhead went to help Diego since the women looked like she was down she managed to get up and grab her gun.

Diego and Hammerhead yet again running away from them throwing themselves over the stair railing. The woman began shooting at them but they managed to get over the railing in time. Diego grabbed Hammerheads arm and pulled her behind a cabinet. She looked at him big eyed in anger obviously itching for a fight but he glared at her with a head shake. It was a suicide mission.

The shooters came in and yet again laid open fire right where the two were hidden. Diego once again used his body to protect Hammerhead who looked livid and actually tried fighting him off. "DONT FUCKING TOUCH ME!" She shouted over the gun fire warning a eye roll from Diego. "Would you rather be shot?" Diego asked but was met with a smirk. "Over this any day." Hammerhead said bitterly making his heart pang until he remembered this wasn't Jane.