Chapter 12

"Serious question where do you order all these knives? Like is there a big sale or something? I swear you have more knives then a damn grocery store at this rate

"Serious question where do you order all these knives? Like is there a big sale or something? I swear you have more knives then a damn grocery store at this rate." Jane laughed pushing her tongue to the back of her teeth. She currently sat on Diego's old childhood bed as he opened a trunk filled with knives. Diego shook his head with a smirk as he found her amusing, but also he noticed she was beginning to trust him more if she was okay being on the bed around him.

"You could say that." He replied a bit grimly as he thought to why he was doing this in the first place. "Diego why is it so important for you to get revenge? I mean don't get me wrong I'm completely on board but why do you seem almost obsessed with this? Is it for Eudora?" Jane was a bit jealous that he would do all this for the passed woman.

"Yes and no. It's for her and you because these people touched and hurt what was-" he stopped himself short realizing he was about to call Jane his, which she wasn't. Maybe it was moments like these made him realize that he might like Jane as more then a friend. Like when he found her bleeding out, when he saw her past, at the boxing gym, and now. Shaking his head he picked up a knife testing it's sharpness. "You know it's rude to just not answer the question completely?" Jane said with an awkward chuckle obviously feeling weird about his choice of words.

"It's not important. Whatever you think I was gonna say, you must of misunderstood." Diego said not making any eye contact scared of the reaction he would see. Jane just went blank faces as she hid the pain that came to her chest at his words. She didn't say anything as her ripped jeans suddenly became the most interesting thing in the room to look at. Diego noticed her rather unusual silence and took a weary glance at her feeling his throat dry up. She sat there blank faced, if you didn't know her you'd think it's nothing. But Janes face was usual full of emotion, usually annoyance and anger, rarely joy but here she sat expressionless.

"Look Jane-" he said standing up but unknowing to him Jane had decided to stand and leave rather then sit there awkward if the situation. So they now stood chest to chest staring at each other with wide eyes. Neither knowing what to do as they just stared at each other blushing messes. Their faces mere centimeters apart, lips so easily touchable. Diego didn't know what he was doing as his hands by reflex came to Janes waist to stop her from bumping into him. His hands touching a sliver of bare skin where her shirt had ridden up slightly. Janes hands on his chest to catch herself from stumbling into him.

Jane didn't understand why no one from the underground was coming to the surface. It almost felt like they were all watching as an unseen force held them back. "Listen I'm just need to see something and right now your someone I can say I trust considering what's happened lately.... and I wanna try this with you because I trust you." Jane stated firmly but felt like she could just shrivel away in shame if he declined.

"Try what?" He asked confused but Jane didn't answer as she grabbed the back of his neck and brought her lips to his. Diego just stood there eyes widening in utter shock. Jane hated to be touched, and he understood given her past yet here she was kissing him. Both of their lips moved slowly and uncertain of what the other was feeling. Neither realizing that both were feeling similar feelings, they loved this kiss.