Chapter Two

"OMG. Girl I just heard from Ashley at the desk that no other then Caden "The Beast" walked you upstairs." Maria screamed over the phone. Pulling the phone away from my ear at her loud ass squeal. "How was it? How was he? HE never talks to anyone. I heard that from Jimmy at lunch that since he has been here for a year he hasn't made a single friend. What did he sound like? Did he sound like sex on wheels? I bet he does I bet he-"

"Maria please." Well I at least now knew his name. "The Beast" was probably his football name or something. "He is not that great of a guy Maria his rude and bossy. After making sure I got to my room safe he came back after a shower to " mimicking his voice and making it as deep as possible, "help me get to the campus health facility. Unwantedly I might add. I had just wrapped my foot and he comes just barraging in grabbing my clutch and picking me up no matter how many times I demanded to be let down."

The embarrassment of it all will forever be burned in my memory closing my eyes in frustration feeling a headache come on I couldn't help but want to smack him all over again. Knocking on my door confused me Maria was in class and the douche bag had left unless Ginger my roommate needed something. She had a key though so there was no reason she needed to knock on her own door. Skeptical I limped my way towards the door deepening my voice I asked, "Who is it?" That same chuckle I recognized earlier came through the door . "Sweetheart if that is attempt at trying to sound like a man. On behalf of all of us I ask that you never do it again." His rich voice coming through the door. Damn it why is he back? The only way you're going to know is if you open the door duh. Ugh, opening the door I see a freshly showered douche at my door. Leaning against it for support I glowered at him or rather tried since I had to tilt me head back to look at him. "What did you come to ruin more of my day?"

Rolling his eyes at me, "No." Pointing at my foot, "I actually came back to take you to the health facility."

Suspicion was heavy in my eyes I eyed him for a second, "Why? I already wrapped it as you can see I'm fine. So you can go away now and play hero for some other poor girl who tripped down the stairs." Take that I thought closing the door in his face and turned around to limp back on the couch. Now what did I want to watch on Netflix? The remote was somehow snatched out of my hands. Did he just come in my house uninvited? "How did you get in here the doors lock automatically?" He didn't have a guy did he? Did Ginger know this guy?

"No, I know how to pick locks." he deadpanned.

"Oh wow so you thought hey let me just let myself in to her house and ruin Netflix?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

"You're not watching Netflix you're going to the school doctor so he can make sure nothings broken."

Scoffing I stand up, "Im fine. I am a second year nurse major if I don't know what a sprained ankle is by now I choose the wrong field."

"That's nice and all but what about the rest of you."

"The rest of me is fine." when did we get this close stepping back, "Why do you even care?"

"Honestly I don't know you've been a headache since I tried to help you."

"I don't need your help I never asked for it." I nearly screamed fleeing my arms in the air.

"So I was just supposed to watch a tiny girl almost get crushed by a college student stampede?"

"Oh please, I was not going to get crushed." folding my arms over my chest.

Placing his hands on his hips he looked up towards the ceiling. Pinching the bridge of his nose he opened his eyes and they bored into mine. They were so dark it felt like he could easily read my soul and see parts of me I wanted no one to ever see again. Breaking eye contact first , " You can go now I am all fine and well. I don't have a concussion or anything serious. You did your big man save the little lady caveman thing today so. Bye." I started to limp away. Until his stupid arms came out of nowhere lifting me up and placing over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. My threats of castration and death fell on death ears it seems as he carried me like that the whole way there. It was embarrassing feeling the stares and hearing the loud ass whispers all around the campus until we reached the doctors office. Placing me on my feet I tried to give him the biggest death glare  possible. Since all the blood rushed to my head Im sure it came out like constipation instead. Unfortunately he stayed with me the entire time not budging even when I was called back guess who came in the room and found a spot in the corner.