Chapter Thirteen

After taking a shower, brushing my teeth, and washing my face I get ready for my day. Throwing on a pair of grey sweats and an overly large long sleeve shirt I throw my locs in a messy bun. Checking myself out in the mirror releasing a sigh. As much as I love these comfortable clothes I can't wait to wear my regular outfits again. Grabbing my backpack I open the door to find Ginger standing there. My phone buzzes letting me know I have less than twenty minutes to get to class and that my aunt just texted me.

"Hey, how was your week of fun?" I ask distractedly. 

 Walking past me to get in, "It was great." she replies.

"Great," texting my aunt back about when my next appointment was and when she could FaceTime to ask her questions, " I restocked the fridge and I will be in class and then the library so help yourself to whatever and don't wait up." I inform her closing the door behind me and rushing to the elevator. I had a huge exam that I had to study for heading to my chemistry class. The rush I felt earlier came to a stop at the realization that Caden might not be in class. Sadly I hadn't seen him since he took me to his boxing gym. 

"Where exactly are we going? " I asked after thirty minutes of us driving in silence.

Looking at me from the corner of his eye, "The place it all began for me."

Do not roll your eyes I mentally told myself, "Okay, and where exactly is that?" 

A humorless chuckle came from him, "You're really impatient aren't you?"

"When I don't know where I'm going yes, yes I am."

"We're almost there."  turning up the volume up on his radio a soft soothing beat from a saxophone filled the car. Is this jazz? Is this man seriously listening to jazz?? "Until then this should relax you." 

 Of all the, also did he just assume because I'm black I listen to jazz?  Folding my arms I gave him my full attention, "What makes you think I listen to jazz?"  I asked him with all the irritation I felt.

Coming to a stop for the stop light he looked at me and smiled, "Never said you did just said it would relax you." Turning back to the road when the light turned green. 

"mmmhmmm" 

"Now  if you don't like this genre we can go to classical, maybe even lofi beats," Snapping his fingers,  "or how about the meditation station. I am more than positive that's some shit you need to listen to on a daily." 

"Okay, and just what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"You need to listen to constant soothing music."

"Soothing? And why exactly do I need soothing?"

Pulling into some random parking lot at some abandoned building, Shutting off his truck he looks at me and gestures at my crossed arms and pursed lips, "Because you seem to stay annoyed and music helps." smirking at me when I rolled my eyes at him. Unhooking his seat belt, "You ready?", he asks me before opening his door.  Opening my door I was about to try and hop out some type of way but he was right there to help carry me down. "Thank you." I grumbled out. Walking towards the building I note that even though its rundown someone lives there. A light at the very bottom of the building is on.