Chapter Thirty Six

Going inside I rush into my bedroom to find everything gone. "Where is my stuff?"

"Ginger and Maria packed it all and took it to my place already. Really we're just here to make sure we didn't leave anything important behind." he states answering my mental questions. 

Nodding my head at this I go straight to my closet and look for my memory box. Feeling all around on the very top shelf.  Not feeling it at first I panic running to grab a chair I place my hands back up feeling for it again. When Caden picks me up from behind holding me up  a little higher since my toes weren't doing the job. I am finally able to breath when my fingers finally brush against the lock. Pulling the box out I see that nothing was tampered with. Closing my eyes I allow myself to hug the box as tears fall down my face.

"What's in the box?"

Whipping my tears away I face him, "A few of my parents belongs and photos of us all together." 

Brushing his hands over his head I am noticing is a sign of frustration. "I am sorry sweetheart I didn't think you had anything as important as that here."

"No one knows. My aunt  was given them from another family member who couldn't seem to find any buyers. I snuck in and took them one night along with some photos just incase since then I've always kept them with me." smiling, "She always suspected it was me who took them but I never confessed and she never bothered me about it."

"Your aunt sounds wonderful."

"She truly is."

"You ready to go?"

"Yeah let's get out of here."  Being able to breath better I walk out feeling a little better. My parents stuff was safe and that's all that mattered. 

When we got the mansion I was greeted by Eleanor and my friends hugging each of them happy to see them okay.  Ginger and Maria instantly pull me towards Ginger's  bedroom. 

"Dude I had no idea you were dating a rich man." Maria exclaims.

"Yeah his kinda of like my own superhero." Laughing at that she nudges me with her hip. 

"So?" Ginger asks me.

"So?" I question back. 

"Did we get everything?"

"Yeah." turning to face her fully, "I am extremely sorry that this is happening."

Shrugging, " I'm just glad I wasn't home. But it's not your fault his a pycho I reported his as anyway and gave the police all his information." smiling, "besides I now get to reside in a big ass mansion who can be mad at that."

Shaking my head we all roar with laughter at that. "True it is like a big vacation home." looking around I see that she has made herself right at home. 

"I am even more thankful that each bedroom has its own bathroom."

"You didn't like sharing a bathroom with me?" feigning hurt I place my hand over my heart.

"I mean I didn't mind it but we both know you take forever to take a shit." flipping her off we laugh again.  A knock is sounded on the door. "Yes?" Maria shouts out.

"Dinner is almost ready." comes Ms. Eleanor's sweet voice.

"Okay we'll head down now."

"Dude why were you still living with me?  

"Right, with food like hers I would've packed a bag and left immediately." Maira states.

Tapping my finger on my chin thoughtfully, "It was tempting but I gotta watch my figure." 

"You look great." they say in unison. 

"Ehh enough about me let's go eat some good food." After eating dinner we each go our separate ways. Crap I have no clue where I am staying turning a corner to find Ginger's room to see if maybe Caden has said where I would be. I remember him slyly handing my box to Ms. Eleanor and telling he rot put it with all my other things. Turning a corner I bump right into him  turning me around placing a hand in the middle of my back he leads me up the millions of stairs.

"You will be staying with me in my room." he says. 

"Really? All of the rooms in this house and I am sharing yours?"

"Yep, all your stuff is in there anyway."

Stopping on the middle of the stairs, "Bold of you to just assume I would want to share a room with you."

Shrugging he pushes me up. "Someones got to keep close observation on me and I would rather have my nurse than someone else in my bed."

"You're never going to let that go are you?"

"Nope." Shaking my head at him I walk into his room. Starring at his bed I freeze  in shock, "You got satin pillowcases?" 

Nodding his head, "Yeah and sheets."

"When?"

"The day after your first sleep over here." rubbing his ear he blushes.

"Thats so sweet."

"Yeah umm", clearing. his throat, " everything is set up in the bathroom for you I am going to go for a run."

"A run?"

"Yeah I have a match in a few months and I need start preparing for it now." turning to go inside his closet I follow him across the room.

"Caden you literally just got out of the hospital maybe you should take it easy?"

"I will once this match is over."

Sighing I tried a different approach, "I understand that your opponent is Lorenzo" watching his back stiffen at his name, " and you want him to pay but-"

"You were awake?"

"Yes." I reply not seeing a reason to lie.

"Then you know why I can't just lie down and rest." sliding on his tennis shoes on he stands up cupping my face, "I won't go as hard or be as long as  I would like to. Okay, and iff you feel like I've been gone to long just come and find. Deal?" Placing a kiss on my mulish mouth he waits. "Deal?" he asks me again.

"Okay fine deal."

"Where exactly are you going to be?"

"The gym in the basement. It's just past the kitchen on the last floor around the corner. I'll leave the door open for you."

Nodding my head I move out of the way of the closet door. "Caden, please be careful and if anything feels wrong stop do not continue."

"I will enjoy your shower or bath."

"I will."