Chapter Twenty One

She answered on the first half of a ring, "You better not have done anything to her or I swear I will find you and crazy murder you." smiling on my end of the phone I try to hold in my laughter, "I'm pretty much a doctor I can and will do it I know about one thousand ways to get rid of a body do not test me white boy."

No longer being able to hold it in I burst out laughing cutting off her rant. "Jade?" she says hopefully.

"Yeah, it's me doctor of murder."

"We were so worried about you." she says exhaling, " Why did it take you so long to call me?" she demands.

Feeling like a shitty person I knew I couldn't tell her about everything that occurred she would make to much out of something. I have to remember Caden is just a nice guy he would never be even slightly interested in me. Wincing at her tone, "Well I might have fell down and made my ankle worse I was just sleeping the pain off."

"Oh, Jade you're so clumsy. I am starting to think that you have forgotten you have legs."

"At this point I need to be wrapped in a bubble."

"Like bubble boy?" chuckling, " Girl you watch way too many movies anyway when will you be on the way?"

Picking up my now wet pillow I take the pillowcase off and throw it in his dirty hamper, "I will be there soon since I just woke up and need to get myself together."

Sighing, "Okay I'll see you later then I have a date tonight. But I restocked the strawberry ice cream in the freezer."

"Awesome, and thanks. See you later."

"Bye."

Hanging up the phone I couldn't help but laugh she was crazy. Making my down the millions of stairs I found my way to the kitchen seeing Ms. Eleanor and an older man chatting as Caden ate French toast with fresh berries on them. Clearing my throat I make myself known so as not to scare anyone by just entering. "You ready to get your leg checked so we can go?" Caden asks barely sparing me a glance. Is there agitation in his voice?
Opening my mouth to reply I am cut off by Eleanor. Slapping him on his shoulder, "Where are your manners Caden?" Smiling at me she asks, "Jade sweetheart would you like something to eat?"

Glancing between them I  decided against staying any longer than necessary. I don't know what happened between those fifteen minutes I was on the phone with Ginger and trying to descend his ridiculous ass stair case. But he seems like he no longer wants me here. Duh why would he want you here. Declining her offer for breakfast I make my way slowly to the other side of the kitchen island and sit near the doctor that was supposed to look at my leg. Looking down awkwardly at the table with a plate of French toast and a bowl of fresh fruit I fight the temptation to reach for them. Normally I would keep poking the bear but I feel so out of place here. I mean the guy is wealthy, has an on call doctor, and a giant ass mansion. Why he boxes and lives in my dingy small apartment complex makes zero sense to me. Wait why does he live there and box unprofessionally? Is he apart of a mafia or something? Eyes widening at the thought. Oh good lord I should have taken the offer for food now that I know where he lives he might be even more determined to have me killed. This is the end for me and what a terrible way to go I haven't even lived long enough to do anything crazy fun. Calm down crazy woman if he wanted you dead you would be that already he has had plenty of time to do so. Maybe his not ready some crazy people like to play games with their prey before killing them. You really need to stop watching Criminal Minds.  "Jade!?! Hey, are you okay?" Ms. Eleanor asks placing her soft hand on my forehead snapping me out of my thoughts. 

Smiling I lean away, "Hmm yeah I'm fine Ms. Eleanor."  looking around I notice the dirty dishes trying to get everyones worried eyes off of me, "Would you like help cleaning up?"