Chapter Twenty Eight

After getting him checked out and going to the police station both missions were a success we head back to my home. 

"Why didn't you get enough sleep last night?"

"I don't know maybe because of the strange events that occurred that day." sarcasm hanging on each word.

"Huh, so this is what you're like when you're tired." 

"Caden I am not in the mood to joke around I just want to go back home and nap before class."

"Class is canceled."

"What? When? Are you sure?" checking my email through my phone I see that she indeed cancelled class to nurse a hangover from her weekend of fun. "Well that's just great she was my only class so I guess sleep and food are in order." 

"Yeah I guess so I have a match in a few weeks." he informs me.

Leaning my head on the window closing my eyes, "Okay."

"You going to come right?"

"That was our deal." being meet with silence I glance over to see him, "Hey, Caden" glancing at me I smile, "I'll be there nervous as all hell but I'll be there."

Smiling back at me, "I don't think it will be as extreme as last time me and the other guy are pretty much in the same weight class."

"That's good." Closing my eyes I almost drift off to the soothing voice of Jhene Aiko's  "While Were Young" until a phone call rang out throughout the whole car. Declining the call the person calls back sighing in agitation he answers it,  "Hello?"

An irritating high pitched voice comes through. "Finally Caden you answer I've been calling and texting you all week."

"Been busy."

"Yeah I heard with some little girl too busy with her to call your own mother?"

"What do you need mother?" his tone was bored but I knew better. 

"I need you to come to dinner next weekend Peter wants to meet you." 

"Mmmhmm well that sucks for him."

"So you can go to Chicago to see your bitch of a grandmother but can't make time to see your real one?" She snarls over the phone. Hanging up the phone he comes to an abrupt stop pulling over on the side of the road. Declining two more of her calls. Sitting up I place my hand on his arm. "You okay?" I ask. Shaking his head he places it back on the seat closing his eyes.

Trying to ease the tension "Well she sounds interesting." 

"You don't know the half of it." 

Not knowing what to say to that we sit in silence for a minute. We need a day of fun. "You know what we should do?"

"No sweetheart I don't."

"We should have a day fun without people bothering us without any outside noise."

Eyebrow raise, "Meaning?" 

Shrugging, "Turn off our phones and do whatever we feel like doing."

"Sounds like fun." turning off our phones after texting those who needed to know we wouldn't be in reach we place them in his glove compartment. 

"Now what?" 

"Now we find food."

"Alright" snapping his fingers, "I know a diner not far from my family home that's actually pretty good." 

"Cool to the diner." Reaching the dinner we have a really good car ride listening to whatever plays singing to whatever we knew. Most of which were from the two thousand hits. Being seated by a nice female waitress we get comfortable in our booth seat. Picking up the menu, "So what's good here?"