Chapter Seventeen

Finding Ginger and Maria playing volley ball I shout to them to take a break and come to me. They come over quickly worried that I did something to my ankle. "Did you step on it wrong?" Maria asks.

"I told you to bring your old cutches just in case." Ginger chided.

Laughing at them, "No, ummm I talked to Caden and we are going to a boxing match in an hour."

"WHAT?!?" they yell at me in unison.

"Why not you guys said I needed to live since I'm young so..."

"Yeah to party like there is no tomorrow not go to some underground thing that can be super dangerous." Maria says shaking her head at me.

"I think it'll be fun plus his friends are taking us so I know we'll be fine."

"Are you sure you're ready for something like that though?" Ginger asks me.

"Yeah" I was ready to go far away from here and do something other than cry when I go home, "it could be a fun, new experience."

Folding her arms she eyes me suspiciously, "Okay, are we meeting him there?" Ginger asks.

"No, his friend is going to drive us there. They parked by the cardboard palm tree out front so be there in an hour." I tell them walking away. I wanted to go and find a space where I could sort out my thoughts. What is Lorenzo's problem? Why is he spreading rumors and borderline harassing me? Heading to the table of beverages I grab a can of sprite fuck it I deserved some sugary goodness and a slice of greasy pizza. I find a place to sit and devour them both looking at my very said cracked screen I notice the time. Calling the girls over to me they help me up and we head over.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Ginger asks me.

"Of course his a good acquaintance so why not support him?" I say with a shrug trying to ignore the look of disbelief I received from her. 

"Okay."  reaching the three giants standing near the cardboard palm tree. Reaching them I noted how Caden was occupied with his phone per usual.  Ginger and Maria both seemed to be starstruck one of them had a bald head with a beautifully detailed tattoo of a dragon on top of that shiny doom that wrapped around one of thick tree trunks called an arm, and shades shielding his eyes. But the aura he immersed was dark and scary forcing me to take a step back. While the other was less intense than the other two brutes that flank his sides with blonde hair and blue eyes. Blowing out smoke from his lit cigarette. Fanning the smoke away I give him the stink eye smirking at me he looks over to Caden.  We are introduced to no one other than that we were going with them to watch Caden fight. 

"Alright let's go." blue eyes says  stomping out his cigarette heading to a big ass jeep. The world class renowned fuck boy car sighing we follow them. Both of my friends trying not to embarrass themselves further.  They hustle  holding each others arms and whispering  shenanigans to each other while laughing I hope the car ride isn't going to be like this the whole time. Just as I was bout to get in behind them I am pulled back. 

"You're riding with me." Caden informs me releasing my arm.

Turning back to my friends, "I guess I'll meet you guys there."

"Okay see you there." They say before turning on their charms for his friends. They slam the door and right after I take a step back they speed off. I pray that they're not reckless I can't go through losing loved ones again. Losing myself in the thought Caden scares me when he taps my arm. "Hey, You ready?" Caden asks me eyebrows drawn in concern.

Shaking my head of the dark thoughts, "Yeah umm let's go." following him to his truck he helps me get in and on our way we went. I am silent the whole car ride nervous for my friends and what I am about to witness with Caden. 

After a while of driving in tension filled silence he suddenly pulls over the car, "Sweetheart you don't have to go if you're going to be scared."

"No, no I wanna go." I say clutching my seatbelt and swallowing the ball of nervousness down. I was about to accompany him to his boxing match and I had no clue how to handle it. I mean I couldn't even handle what the aftermath looks like. How would I be able to deal with seeing how it happens? Playing with my fingers I try and breathe through the nervousness. 

Placing his large hand under my chin he tips my face up to his. Starring at me until I try and avoid his gaze. Releasing me he starts the car back up and we get back on the road, "Okay, but I expect full honesty whenever you're ready to go say the word and we're out of there." Stopping at a stop light he looks over at me and I just nod my head in response. 

After a minute or two I  "Can I ask you something?"

"You're already asking me something so just ask your real question."

"Why didn't you introduce me to your friends?"

"This again?"

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing they're not the type of people anyone should be introduced too."

"What, you let me allow my friends to go with them?" Panic started to fill my chest. 

"Hey, calm down they're not terrible guys just not people I would introduce important people to."

Not acknowledging that statement I ask, "So they'll be good to my friends?" I so wish that jackass hadn't broke my phone. 

Smirking, "I'm sure they're being very good to your friends as we speak."

"Meaning that they are flirting with them or?" trying to gain some sort of clarification.

Chuckling and shaking his head, "Yeah, maybe." Pulling into a parking lot with a shit tone of cars in it I am nervous about what I am about to walk in to. Bracing myself I clutch onto the seatbelt yet again. Pulling around to the back were only six other cars parked cutting off the engine. "You ready?" he asks me noting my grip on the seatbelt he places his hand on mine, "Remember whenever you say the word we're out of here."  Unhooking my seatbelt he helps me get out and we walk over to meet our friends. Interesting enough mine went and found others to flirt with while his stood making sure the weirdos didn't get any wild ideas. 

"Let's head in I've got fifteen to warm up." Caden announces and leads us all in. The ball of nervousness was lead in my stomach what had I just gotten myself into. Pausing and turning around quickly causing me to bump into him. Catching me by my upper arms he leaned down and whispers, "Do not call me Caden here okay. Refer to me as Beast some of these people can be dangerous and that's vital information." Turning back around he proceeded to lead us all inside. 

"What was that about?" Ginger asks. 

"I don't know but we are only allowed to call him Beast in here we can not say his real name I can't stress that enough."

"Okay, I mean it's not like we call him that you're the only one who says it." Maria chimes in. Ginger nods her head in agreement. 

Shaking off my nervous we enter and are frisked, purses checked, and told no photos, videos, or anything can be taken. I continue to follow behind Caden as he is greeted with a lot of adoration and people saying they couldn't wait to see him take down someone called Undertaker since he took down a man named Smasher before he left. He was charming laughed with others, talked with people, dodged females nicely as possible, and he even signed something for a one of the guards for his child. It was strange to see someone in their element and this was definitely his why they would call him beast was beyond me. But I guess I was about to find it out tonight.