Chapter Fifty

Finding his name and mine far apart pissed Caden off so he changed seats with another family member. Sitting with Roman and Gabe eased my nerves a lot they were actually very funny and nice. Ordering our food and making sure I got water and a can of ginger ale just in case. Caden was getting up to use the bathroom when.

"What the hell is she doing back in here?" a very agitated Mark asks.

"I told you voodoo magic." I answer him waggling my fingers.

Face red, pointing a finger at me he opens his mouth to bash me, "She's here because I want her to be."

"What the fuck for? You need to be worried about fixing shit with Amy."

A dark humorless chuckle passes Caden's lips, "That was a great joke brother tell me another"

"You're so lucky mother couldn't make it or she would kick your ass for this." he says narrowing his eyes.

Patting his shoulder, "Or would she try and fail just like you did how's the broken arm by the way."

"Fuck you Caden you think just because you were trained by that old man you're tough shit. You better pray you don't lose to Lorenzo."

"Don't waste my time with nonsense and don't come to this table harassing her. If I hear you came near, said anything to, or even breath in her direction." in a dangerously low tone, "I wouldn't want to put you back in the hospital." voice hardens, "this time I guarantee  it will be in the intensive care unit." Looking back he gives Roman and Gabe a nod leaving to do his business on cue they get up and use their bodies to block me from Mark's view. God his so hot when he takes charge like that. Give him babies my libido screams. 

"I don't care what he is talking about she has got to go?" Mark spits out.

"Nah, I think she's good why don't you go back to your table and enjoy the rest of Izzy's birthday." Gabe says in a very bored tone.

As if remembering that is why everyone was even gathered together he walks away stiffly. Taking their seats Gabe looks at me, "What was that about voodoo magic?"

"Oh nothing." I tell him smiling, "It's a joke between Mark and I."

"Now I'm curios." Roman chimes in raising an eyebrow, "spill."

Laughing at them, "Okay, so earlier he found me and asked why Caden brought me here." taking a sip of water, "and I may have told him that I had Caden under a voodoo spell." 

Both of them look at me and smile, "You're a very interesting person."

"How much you wanna bet he tells their mom and she believes it." Gabe asks Roman.

"I'll bet about twenty." Roman says.

"Huh" scratching his chin, "I'm only going to do ten I'm saving up for my new bike." Gabe informs him.

"Bet."

"Wait, what if I want to get in on this?" I ask.

"You got more than five thousand lazing around in your bank account?" Gabe asks me.

God lord thousand here I am thinking it was dollars. Eyes widening,  "No, not for nonsense."

"This isn't nonsense." Roman says moving his napkin in his lap as the food arrives. Receiving our plates we each tell them thank you. Digging into the chicken I was slightly disappointed it was good. Just not as good as it looked on the plate the chicken was slightly dry and not as seasoned as it should have been I guess the sauce was supposed to even it out. But that was failing. "You don't look too happy about what you just tasted." Roman comments.

Nose wrinkling, "It's not as good as I thought it would be." taking a sip of ginger ale to wash the taste out of my mouth, "Why aren't you catering?"

"I like to taste other peoples food from time to time." chewing slowly thoughtfully, "what do you think should be changed to make it better?"

Shrugging, "I don't know I love food."

Nodding his head at that, "Well food lover you have to at least have an idea."

"Well." I take another small bite and allow myself to taste all that I can so I can accurately critic it. "It's not as moist as it should be, nor does it have enough spices, and the sauce is not balancing the flavors that they did add considering it is not enough and it just" I can't think of a decent word, " it's not it." 

Nodding his head at that, "Hmmm what would you change though?"

"Probably the length in time it was cooked, add more seasoning, and make sure the sauce to season ratio complimented each other well enough that it didn't taste like a sad chicken nugget from McDonalds." 

Taking a sip of his champagne, "You may have missed you're calling as a food critic. That would be hilarious to read in a food blog."

Laughing, "Could you imagine the title would be don't eat here the food is worse than McDonalds."

Chuckling at that he asks about the fish taking a bite it had moisture but still lacked seasoning. Telling him this I wonder what was taking Caden so long. He had yet to come back from the restroom I wonder if his injuries were more severe than he let on. We really needed to go get him  to his doctor I make a mental note of his injuries. His ribs are going to be the most important. Half heartedly laughing at a joke Gabe makes I look around the room to spot Caden in the corner  heading back to our table.

"Hey." he says giving me a kiss on the cheek, "we can leave whenever you're ready we put in enough time."

"Alright" leaning back I search his face, "Are you okay?"

"Honestly I would rather be in bed cuddling with you."

Smiling I peek his lips, "I would like that too let's go."

"See you guys later we are out of here." Caden tells Roman and Gabe, "Thanks for keeping her company and watching over her while I handled business."

"Of course man it was no problem she is a wonderful girl." Gabe says.

"Like I told you before cousin never let her go." Roman says.  

"You guy are both so sweet" Caden pulls my chair back for me, "see you guys later." I tell them waving good bye.