Chapter Fifteen

I get back to the apartment in time to see Ginger and an unknown mans heavy make out session in the middle of our couch. "I am so so sorry I just need to get to my room carry on." I squeal out speeding as fast as my heavy ass bags allow me too. Once reaching my destination I close and lock my room door. Getting a ping on my phone I see that its Ginger apologizing and letting me know she will be at Josh's house. Well I guess the unknown man is no longer unknown Josh was a part of my old study group now at least I know his reason for cancelling. Sighing heavily I place my bags on the floor and get my laptop out plopping on my bed I start forming a time schedule for the lab when I go in two days so I am ready to present when its time. After that I decide to grab on of my favorite books from Lori Foster and read it trying to enjoy a different world that was not my own. Distracting myself only works for a little while soon I am in my living room watching New Girl Nick and Schmidt never fail in easing my worries. They are seriously the dumbest boys in school.

After watching the first season I am amazed to check the time and see that its nine o'clock at night. Good lord I need food, a shower, and some sleep. He took to long and I am not going to wait any longer. Getting up to do what I need to do I am shocked to hear a knock at the door. Quickly finishing the rest of the sandwich I have in my mouth I rush to the peep hole. Seeing that it was Ginger I open the door for her. "You forget your key?"

"Well yeah I left as quickly as possible so I could enjoy the rest of my date with Josh." she says throwing her purse on the couch and going straight to the fridge. 

Closing the door behind her, "You guys went on a date? Like a real date not one oof your special dates?"

"My special dates god how old are you Jade?" ,grabbing a bottle of water she takes a long pull from it wiping her mouth on her hoodie sleeve, "But to answer your question no it was a real date." 

After getting over my shock I rush to the couch and set down, "So how was it? Do you think that maybe he can turn into something more?"

Chuckling at me she joins me on the couch, "Actually I don't know he seems nice enough but until we have sex I won't know if we're truly compatible."

Eyes widening at her confession, "You mean to tell me it didn't end in your usual happy ending?" 

"Yeah I've decided to try this whole dating thing."

"WHAT!!" I shout so happy I stand up, "Ginger that is so awesome! So that means you'll be seeing him again right?"

"Yes, until he is annoying or shows himself worthless when it comes to head I don't see why not." 

Plopping back down I stare at her in bewilderment, "Wait I thought you said you didn't have sex?"

"Ehh, I would just call it a taste sample and let me tell you homeboy knows where to find the clit and lick it all ." wiggling her eyebrows.

"Ahh Ginger why?" shaking my head at her, "regardless I'm so happy that you're trying."

"I guess who knows maybe it works out and my family can get off my back." standing up and stretching, "Anyway I am beat so I'm gonna shower and go to bed don't forget brunch with Maria is tomorrow."

"I won't." I say even though I completely had, "Night."

"Night." and off she went to her room.  

 In truth I was just happy she went on a date a real date. She has avoided dating anyone since I've known her she and Maria were both so non committal and in my opinion they deserve a lot more then what they allow themselves to have. I hoped things work out with them because she wants it to not just get her old school family off her back. Cleaning up my mess from earlier I linger a part of me hoping that Caden would just show up. After waiting five more minutes I decided to finish the rest of my night routine and go to sleep. Hopefully he was okay where were he was and actually got some sleep.