Chapter Forty Two

Looking at the mirror at the end result I was shocked to see who was starring back at me. My hair was put into a high bun with two of my locs coming down in front of my face. The dress I chose was strapless with a nice heart shape line. My shoes were black, scrappy, and had a thick enough heel I felt comfortable I wouldn't fall. I felt great the dress really showed off my curves without being too much. My make up was light a touch on the eyebrows, some mascara, and a good amount of lip gloss. 

"You look so good." Maria says looking me over nodding her head. 

"We do good work." Ginger tells her.

"Yeah we do." hearing them high-fiving  each other. Knock on her door sounded. "I'll get." Maria calls out.

"Oh it's like sending you off on your prom night." Ginger tells me fanning away fake tears.

"Thanks." laughing at her.

"Your superhero is here." Maira tells me.

Okay, you go this just be confident I tell myself.  Making my way towards the door I see Caden standing there in a white dress shirt, sleeves rolled up on his forearms, black slacks, black dress shoes, and an intense look on his face. "You look beautiful more than beautiful you look stunning." 

"Thank you you look handsome."

"Thanks sweetheart you ready to go?"

"Yeah."

"Look at them forgetting we are even in the room." Maria says. 

Laughing at her, "Have fun you two don't do anything we wouldn't do."

"I'll see you guys later." I tell them, "thanks for all the help."

"Anytime." they say in unison. Grabbing his hand we walk towards the door. 

"Look how adorable you two look together." Ms. Eleanor says. 

"Thank you." we say.

"We'll be late coming back so don't try to stay up to late waiting for us." Caden informs her giving her a hug and kissing her on her head. 

"Okay I won't but I will make enough for left overs." hugging him back she pats me on the shoulder and leaves us to go. Opening the door for me  he lifts me into his truck. Once we are officially on the road I ask, "So where exactly are we going?"

"You will see soon." he says with a smirk. Allowing myself to relax stare outside for a second listening to soft jazzy loft beats playing. "How did your sparing session go?"

"It went pretty good this new guy is going to grow to be amazing if he keeps at it. He might even surpass me on the roster." 

"That's nice of you to say."

"You don't think he can?" he asks turning the corner. 

Shrugging, "I  witnessed you destroy a man twice your size I don't know anything about him."

Smiling at me, "It's nice to know you think highly of my skills."

"It's not just about your skills." turning to face him fully, "I trust you Caden that's not something that comes easy for me."

Reaching over he grabs my hand placing a kiss to my palm, "Thank you for that." Pulling into the most expensive restaurant in the area. Celebrities in attend this venue when in town. 

"How did you get us in?" I ask squeezing his hand excitedly. Admiring the building it was tall with  ceiling to floor windows, the place was so full of light inside it shown brightly outside. The crystal chandler that graced the middle of the ceiling could be seen even from where we stood. Surrounding it was a lake with a water fountain and a beautiful pathway lit for a romantic stroll.  "I thought if you wanted to make reservations you had to book months in advance."