Chapter Thirty Nine

After having that weird meeting with the dean my day was dragging and I was more frustrated than ever. How dare that fat bastard imply that I was not only manipulative but that I would even think about using Caden to seek revenge out on Lorenzo. Who I had no clue even boxed. Just focus on your work Jade I remind myself. Furiously typing on the laptop I checked out in the library.  I finish my project getting closer to finish I text Ginger  and ask her to meet with me in lab to make sure it sounds good.  After thirty minutes of her helping me get it completely  down so I could present perfectly in two weeks. 

"There you go now it sounds smoother not as choppy." She tells me handling me a few more cards with key notes. 

"Yeah, thanks for helping me."

"No problem. When are we doing brunch?"

"Let's go in a few weeks when I can enjoy it."

"Nervous about the presentation."

"Terrified, why do you think I ask an almost doctor for advice?"

Laughing bitterly at that she grabs her bag, "Ugh, don't remind me."

"What's up?" I ask her packing my bag.

Sighing, "My mom and the rest of my family are demanding me to send a personal invite to her new conquest and I don't even want her there."

"I'm sorry."

With saving shoulders, "I just I keep trying to keep up this image for them. But I can't 

"Hey-"

"It doesn't matter anyway as soon as I graduate I am breaking things off with what's his face."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, and as much as they're demanding me to work in my great grandfathers hospital I am thinking of going somewhere else."

"Where?"

"Greece I think it would be a great and fun adventure."

"Wow." I had no clue what else to say for as long as I could remember we decided that she would get her doctorate and I would get my nursing degree. We both had set places at her great grandfathers hospital and now that might not happen? Life really does change. 

"Jade I know we said we were going to but I-"

Putting a hand up I stop her, "Its okay Ginger I know I wish I could say that I get it." smiling I throw an arm over her shoulder, "I just hope that Maria is down to fly out to see you whenever and you enjoy your time in a beautiful place." 

"Yeah me too." smiling sh nods her head. 

Pausing our walk, "You know what?"

"What?" she asks looking at me like I'm crazy. 

Pausing for dramatic effect, "Did you forget something?"

shaking my head, "No, you my dear friend are about to have your Mama Mia moment." pushing me away.

"God you and your movie references to everything."

Scoffing at her I stand my ground, "That is a great movie even the sequel was wonderful."

"Oh god stop." shaking her head she walks away. 

"You know it was good." laughing at me.

"You know what it was a great movie I however draw the line at the pregnancy and three baby daddies."

"What?" I shriek out, "that is what made the movie the mystery, the old lovers, and the love that never faded."

"You need serious help." Just as I am about to reply to that I receive a text from Caden. Finished my last class of the day meet me at the deans building. What could he want to meet up there for?