Chapter Seven

"So why was sex on legs here?" Maris demands folding her arms across her chest. Both of them looked at me expecting an answer they weren't going to get. Truthfully I don't know what that was all about last night. No one has ever done something like that for me not even my aunt. Usually when I tell someone I can do it myself they allow me to do so. Partially I think that's why every guy I've ever had a crush on thought I was to something for them. I've heard it all before Jade you're too strong, too independent, too smart, to this or that. But just like with the too much of things I also received feed back on how I wasn't enough. Jade you're not pretty enough, you're not athletic enough, you're not hot enough like your friend  The last thought stung because it made me think of last year. Hearing Ginger clear her throat brought me back to reality.

Rolling my eyes at her I couldn't believe this. I barely just got in the room I need food and pain meds. A dry chuckle leaves my throat I cannot believe she wants to act like she's someones mother. "Why did you guys  give him my number?" I asked them ignoring their question. Who does that?

"Because we assumed you were going to give it to him."

"Why on earth would you think that?"

"Because you were sleeping together."  True enough.

Nodding my head I gave them that point. "But seriously Jade what was he doing here?" Ginger asked once more.

Shrugging, "He came by to bring me a book I needed for psych." I know they saw his face there was no way they didn't know he was injured so I gave them the simple answer. 

"Thats it?" Ginger asked in a monotone voice, " You slept with him over that."

"Wait do you guys think I had sex with him?"

"Well" sheepishly Maria looked away, "Yeah why else would a guy be there?"

I couldn't help it I broke out into laughter pulling myself together after a minute. Wiping a tear out of the corner of my eye, "That's priceless. No I definitely still have my v card guys." another chuckle " I just can't believe you would think I would waste it." 

"Well damn I couldn't call it a waste though Jade his a hot piece of ass that I wouldn't mind in my bed." Ginger said.

"True that and with they way those grey sweats fit you know his hung." Giving each other a Cheshire Cat like grin they burst at laughing. 

"So you two were really just sleeping?"

Giving them a blank look, "Yes."

"Okay well that was a waste of a beautiful morning I'm gonna head out to meet my mother and Greg for brunch."   Ginger said. Greg was her moms new flavor of the month and wanted her to get along with him. So they all had a weekly day for brunch that varied on Greg's schedule since he was a very important man so says her mother. "I cannot wait for this to be over. Also I'll be home in the morning I might have to work out my annoyance with Steve." Steve was her old faithful he got the job done and never asked to be more. Honestly I hoped Ginger would be okay her mother was a grade a bitch.

"I'm out too I might be able to find Gloria and find out the party schedule for this week." Maria hoping off the couch typing away at her phone. "I'll check back with you guys on Monday for our weekly lunch." As they both left,  we said our good byes, and made a few plans for next weeks lunch and self care trip. Thats normally how we all were we each had our own lives but hung out when we could. This week was the only exception because of it being syllabus week once that was over so was all of our free time.

Going into the kitchen I get some coffee from cupboards and made me some. Then start warming me a cinnamon raisin bagel in the toaster. On second thought I might actually have two after dealing with them. I was so hungry and I definitely needed to start reading before I started class next week hopefully by then this clutches wouldn't be such a big problem. Setting everything up at the kitchen island I start to read Personality Psychology. Getting lost in the first two chapters of the book I am highlighting so much I feel like I should have just dipped the pages in all the different colors. Ive taken my notes and also wrote down questions I will be able to ask once I'm in class. Deciding I need a break for now I look at my phone and see two messages from an unknown number the first texts ask I want to go to Julio's for lunch. The second is if I just want pizza.

Just as I was going to ask who it was my phone buzzed again. Come on sweetheart I'm pretty sure all you did today was study. You really need to eat. I knew who it was instantly he is the only person who calls me that. If people heard him say that they'd probably laugh at him. Not because I wasn't nice but because in the looks department I would be considered plain while he was unearthly beautiful. Nope, you're out of this world gorgeous and any guy would be lucky to be in your presence. Maybe if I don't respond to the text he will stop talking to me and I can get back to being in my solitude where things never happen. With that I ignore his texts and get up to make me a turkey sandwich with all the works. After eating such a beautiful master piece I sit right back at the table to study some more. After two hours my body starts to ache in protest. I just need to get through two more chapters and I'm done for today. The reminder didn't help so I gave in and went to get some aspirin that should hold me until tonight. Closing the book shut and placing everything neatly in the corner of the table I stretched. I went a little bit past my reading assignment but its better to be ahead then left behind. 

Grabbing my phone I see one more text from Caden I'm on my way. Eyes widening at this he can't be serious. Texting back not to come I had already eaten I hear a knock on the door and my phone pinged. To.Late. Ugh, where were these friends of his they really needed to come and get him.