Kabanata 1

Kabanata 1

"At first, I thought it was cliché to think that you'll like reading books because of your glasses..." he decided to grab my glasses from my face and gently remove it.

"Give it back po," I asked politely but he decided to put it on himself. My face immediately crumpled. May grado ang salamin ko.

Nanglalaki ang mga mata niya at agad itong tinanggal.

"What the heck, mas naging malabo pang maging tayo nito."

He pinched the bridge of his nose as he gives back the glasses.

"May grado po kasi, sorry po."

"Anyway, wanna see the library?"

I was hesitating but I wanted to see it too. Books are the easiest way to bait me to do something.

He grinned as he lead the way to a storage-like room. Walang tao rito dahil maalikabok at tanging si Iscalade lamang 'yata ang nakakaalam nito.

"How did you know this place po? Dito ka po ba nakatira?"

I removed the tiny webs blocking our path.

"Andria and I used to be super close," he answered and cleared his throat.

"You must be still friends because she invited you..." I commented, not trying to make things awkward.

"Well, not exactly..." he grimaced before pulling a box under a small table.

"This is it? Mini library?"

I was disappointed but not surprise. I couldn't peg Andria as the reading type so I wasn't expecting anything.

"Library is equal to books, right?" he looks confused.

I sighed. "Just give it to me po."

I thought I'll just check it out but a few minutes later, I was already too preoccupied with the books he found.

Hindi ko na ito tinigilan hanggang si Iscalade na mismo ang tumapik sa akin.

"Saglit lang, last chapter na po..."

"Philo..." he called my name softly.

"Last chapter na talaga, promise po..."

"Philo, ano kasi..."

"Last chapter po," I turned to him and hinted that I was losing my patience. I'm just trying to know the ending! Sandali na lang talaga ito.

He raised both of his hands and mouthed "okay". He waited for me to finish the book and he was just there silently looking at me.

Nang matapos na ako sa binabasa ko ay lumingon ako sa kanya. That was a good ending. I'll probably give it three stars on goodreads.

"Ano po ba 'yon?" I asked.

He cheekily grinned as he rubbed his nape and pointed towards my phone.

452 messages from Mommy.

My lips pressed into a thin line.