Collision, continued

PERCY HADN'T BEEN WRONG.

The hurried footsteps making their way down the corridor had been looking for him; just not in the malevolent way he had expected. If he would have waited, Coulson would have very nearly run him over.

Minutes before, Nico had all but plopped the modge podge monstrosity of a team into the most isolated area of the compound they could figure- that  being the cafeteria. Luck was in their favor; the cafeteria was empty at nine pm, save for a wide eyed agent munching on a hot pocket. May wasted no time in subduing him with an ICER. 

Leo steadied the son of Hades when he wavered. He found himself thankful they'd taken the exhaustion associated with shadow traveling and entire team of people five floors underground into account. They'd all decided Nico would be most useful getting them in unseen before letting them find their own escape routes out; he didn't have the stamina to shadow travel them all twice without risking his life (and/or ears, with a guaranteed lecture from Will).

The son of Hephaestus looked around the plain room, eerily empty, with unease. They'd spent hours going over the plan, figuring out the best way to pull the rescue off. It was relatively solid, if you ignored the fact that most of it relied on heavy possibilities and assumptions. Still, the plan had sounded better when he was standing safely above land and not in the heart of the organization that had taken his friends. Florescent lights buzzed overhead, reflecting off the ugly linoleum flooring that had more than enough suspicious reddish brown stains to make him weary. 

May and Bobbi worked quickly to secure the area while Harriet focused on keeping them hidden from the cameras (Stark had confirmed that the Hydra base had yet to invest in the infrared cameras that had exposed them the first time). Leo kind of wished he had that job; he understood the point in blowing up the base, but there was a sick feeling in his stomach associated with it. The people here were evil, sure, but what if someone innocent got hurt because of him? Visions of his mother danced behind his eyes. 

Coulson cleared his throat, thankfully bringing him back to reality. Leo blinked a few times to refocus as the man's gaze scoured over the group.

"Everyone ready?"

The words were simple but definitive; He'd done the larger pep talk before they teleported down,  crash landing into the middle of their suicide mission. Leo kind of wished he'd go ahead and do another, but to no avail. The agents around him nodded solemnly; scarily. He found solace in that they at least looked prepared and experienced.

Gods, he couldn't wait until this was all over.

Just as easily as they came together, the group split. They followed their plan like clockwork; Nico inhaled deeply before fading back into the darkness, shadow travelling back to the waiting QuinJet with Malcolm and Fitz. May, Harriet and Bobbi shimmered behind a veil of the mist. May nodded to Coulson before leading the three out into the halls. The older man held in a stressed sigh before turning to the son of Hephaestus and Hunter.

They were both donned in Hydra gear, matching Lincoln and the Director's get ups. 

"Hunter, you stick with Leo the entire time. No tangents. Light the place up, immediately head towards the exit."

"Aye aye, Captain."

Coulson didn't look amused. Leo felt a little more than unsure at the flicker of distrust across the man's features. Great, he thought bitterly. I'm paired with the flight risk.

He must have looked miserable, because there was soon a heavy hand on his shoulder. "You'll do great. Just follow Hunter. If you two happen to run into our men, take them with you- only if it doesn't slow you down. It'd do no good having you get captured as well."