Cabin Fever

UPDATE
ON
TIME (ish).

BOOM.

It was a well-known fact that Percy had decently severe ADHD. It served him well in battle, but amongst a group of growingly impatient government agents?

Not so much.

"Would you - please - stop that!" Daisy nearly shouted at him. He froze, unaware he had been doing anything to annoy her. He gave her a confused look.

She dragged a hand down her face. "The tapping. Stop."

Percy glanced down at his hand and forced it to stop jittering the cap of the water bottle against the cold metal chair, twirling it between his fingers instead. Coulson cocked his head to the side. "You have ADHD?"

The teenager scoffed and turned his head with an expression that read, "No duh."   "Yeah, and dyslexia. But you should already know that, right? From stalking my entire life?"

Of course, he was referring to the barrage of questions that ranged from his several expulsions (he still didn't think the canon thing was his fault), taking a shot at skydiving from the St. Louis Arch (go big or go home, right?), his disappearing step-father (which, for the record, was not something he was interested in talking about at all. At least Gabe served as a decent excuse for the scars covering his back and chest), until his most recent tendency to drop off the map for months at a time (which he owed to the ever so wonderful Hera and dam Arachne).

They kept trying to talk to him about the last disappearance. It was all he could do to change the subject before something surfaced- he didn't need to break a fuel line unintentionally. Luckily, said powers exposed by said memories were of enough interest to drop the other thing.

Coulson brought it up first. "So, just how long have you been able to manipulate liquid?"

"Just water."

Coulson sighed impatiently. "How long?"

Percy clicked his tongue and pretended to think about it. In reality, he was just giving himself enough time to think of a decent response. He was thoroughly confused why the man seemed so calm about the fact that he was basically a bad ass superhero.

Okay, so maybe he was giving himself too much credit. But still.

"When I was twelve, I learned how to control it, I guess?" he winced. There wasn't exactly a protocol on how to explain his demigod powers to mortals.

Not that he'd follow them.

He briefly contemplated using the Mist to make them forget the whole thing when Daisy sat forward suddenly. "Who taught you? Where?"

"I taught myself. When Annabeth and I were kidnapped," he made sure to leave Grover's name out. The less people they had in custody, the better. "I had no other choice. So I guess she kind of helped too."

Daisy sent Coulson an uneasy look. Percy didn't know what she was thinking, but Coulson certainly did. How did this kid manage to get his powers before the terrigenesis fall out? Was he a part of her mom's Afterlife?

In retrospect, the whole notion made a lot of sense. The annual disappearances? Troubled kid act? Random powers?

"You were a part of Afterlife, weren't you?" she asked before her mind had a chance to run through the consequences of such an action. The teen's face scrunched up in confusion, clearly not recognizing what she was getting act. "I'm obviously not dead, I'm sitting right in front of you."

Coulson opened his mouth to intervene, but Daisy cut him off with a series of questions. She bombarded him with questions of her mother, Gordon, terrigenesis... Lincoln. Percy's head was beginning to spin.