Compromise

*whispering* hey guys it's me 👋 let's get this party started.

*yelling* YOU GUYS ROCK

*whispering* okay here we go

Percy whimpered slightly from his position on the mattress. The curly blonde perked up at the noise, hoping it was a sign he was waking up. She couldn't sleep herself- thanks, nightmares and perilous fear of her boyfriend choking himself- and had been awake, alone, for hours (the adrenaline did a great job knocking Percy out after its effects wore off).

She was glad for the spare notebook she found, and the fact that Riptide functioned as a working writing mechanism. She hoped Percy didn't mind her digging around in his pockets. She had taken the time to draw a few rough sketches of the building she had been working on for Olympus before they were dragged away. It was only a small temple for Demeter, but she wanted each detail to have meaning, to align perfectly.

The teen in questioned whined again, kicking his bottom feet so that the comforter bunched at the foot of the double bed. His girlfriend watched intently for a few seconds to see if he'd react any worse (she didn't want to wake him if she didn't have to- he hadn't slept this well in days); she regretfully jumped up when a pained yelp left his lips.

"Percy," she whispered soothingly, carefully pulling his forearms down from where he had lifted them to cover his face from the fictional threat. He jumped into consciousness, the green of his eyes wide and attentive.

"It's just me," she comforted him patiently, brushing his cheek with her thumb. Her nose scrunched at the prickling she felt. He needed to shave.

He needed a shower, in general. He stunk, bad.

His eyes flicked across the room, surveying the surroundings for threats before focusing on Annabeth's soft features, his body relaxing slightly.

He graced her with a small smile, although his heavy sigh suggested anything but happiness. "Hello," he mumbled, rubbing his eyes. "Sorry, did I wake you?" His words slurred together in exhaustion.

Annabeth shook her head slightly, leaning forward to kiss the tip of his nose.

"I wasn't asleep."

He nodded once, noting the bags hanging under her eyes and the dullness of her typical bright grey irises with a frown. With a groan he sat up, his body stiff and aching. A drum beat steadily behind his eyes as he glanced around the room, realizing with a start that he had no idea where they were. He had expected to be back in the obnoxious white cell he and Annabeth had been locked in for the past day or so, but instead they seemed to be in what looked like a bedroom. The walls were painted a solemn brown, which paired nicely with the dark carpeting. There was a cramped leather loveseat across from the bed and a mahogany side desk, on which sat an unassuming lamp and red notebook.

As if reading his mind, his girlfriend gestured around the space. "We've upgraded. You scared the schist out of those agents, so now they're pampering you." Her voice lifted tightly. "They said it's some sort of extra sleeping quarters at this base or what not."

"Is it bugged?"

Annabeth shrugged. She had no idea, and told him as such.

"I guess it doesn't really matter anymore, though," her boyfriend admitted. "Given they know about the whole demigod thing."

"What all did you tell them?" his tanned girlfriend asked curiously. They had basically had her confirm her mother was Athena, and that Percy had powers because of their blood, but to her knowledge that was as much as their intel covered.