Interrogation

"You're quiet."

"I'm just thinking."

Annabeth raised an eyebrow. Once he had woken up, she quietly repeated her plan into his ear. She was suprised to have recieved such a dead reaction to the news. She gestured for him to continue. He forced a smile on his face and laughed bitterly before turning away. "I'm just thinking about how long I'm going to be grounded for."

Her heart dropped. She hadn't even thought about that aspect of the issue. "Your poor mother..."

Percy shook his head sadly. He was mute until another thought crossed his mind. "It's just-" He stopped suddenly, either not wanting to continue or from a distraction of some sort.

"Just...?" Annabeth prompted.

"Well she just had Chloe, so she's going to be stressed enough all ready, and she was already freaked out after everything that happened last year, and I promised her it wouldn't happen again-"

"That was a stupid promise, Percy."

He sighed and dropped his hands to the floor defeatedly. "I know," he whispered.

"None of this is your fault," she reminded him, settling down besides him. "It's not that bad, anyway. I mean, it could be worse."

"How?" he muttered.

Annabeth dropped his hand and sat back. "Really? We've lived worse, you idiot. You could be dead right now for gods sake."

Percy chuckled harshly. "Maybe that wouldn't have been so bad."

Annabeth glared at him. "That's not funny at all."

His lack of a response caught her off guard. He didn't follow up with another snarky comment. Instead, he his head and stared at his hands, as if he was actually considering the thought.

If he was actually considering the thought.

"Perseus Jackson. That better have been a joke."

He sighed heavily, ripping himself out of the bed and onto the floor, dropping her hand. He grabbed his hair and pulled slowly in frustration. "It just gets so old sometimes, you know? I'm sick of being the laughing stock of the gods. It just keeps coming, and we keep hoping for an end, but who says there's even going to be one?"

"Percy-"

"I mean seriosuly? We just got out of fucking Tartarus to save their godly asses. The least they could do is let us go on one fucking date."

"Percy!"

He shut his mouth and turned to look at her. His chest rose and fell rapidly and his raven black hair stuck up chaotically in every direction. Annabeth's eyes met his, which practically glowed with anger.

"Tell me you didn't mean it," she pleaded, popping up off the ground.

Her words startled him, halting his anger. Before he could respond, she grabbed his biceps and forced him to look at her. "Percy-" she said warningly.

"I'm fine, I didn't, I'm just- bitter," he lied.

"You think?" she replied. She let her annoyance seep through her tone. If there was anything that frustrated her about her boyfriend, it was his tendency to turn from calm to raging hurricanes in about three seconds. It wasn't all his fault; after all, Poseidon was one of the moodier gods.

The conversation ended there. The door to the front of the cell clicked and slid open. Percy bristled and pushed away from her when Bobbi tilted her head to the side by judgingly. After she had finished staring at the two of them, the red head pulled out two pairs of cuffs.