Tartarus

'Sup guys! Look who's back... after a long haitus... muwahaha. The response to the last chapter made me so so so happy and thankful and ahh :) i'm sorry i'm so awful at this. thank you all

also... i'm not really sure how trigger warnings work... but intense emotional abuse and physical as well. so :( nothing gory, but yeah. nothing fun either. Please read with caution and feel free to dm me about anything!!

oh yeah! this is a flashback to tartarus! probably good to know.

okay, get outta here! go read! ;P

(also, shoutout to @QueenJoEe b/c i told you I'd update soon... that was in February. so sorry!!! thanks for keeping up with me and my terrible authoring skills, you're actually amazing)

OKAY SORRY I"M DONE NOW SORRY

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Wanted Chapter. Start XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Annabeth was tired.

Hungry, hurt, dehydrated and scared out of her mind: but mostly tired. She didn't know how long they'd been in Tatarus for, but she guessed it had to be at least two or three days. Both she and Percy could barely keep their eyes open as they contined to trudge foward in what they hoped was the right direction towards the doors.

The monsters were plentiful: which made sense, considering it was the place of all evil beings. The acidic air, dark haze, and dead scenery did more than enough to prove that. Not to mention the constant moaning, along with the occasional scream of dammed souls.

They both limped; her ankle was still sore, and her boyfriend had injured himself trying to  fight off a stray dracanae. The jagged cut down his calf was bad. With no anispectic or clean water, it was already starting to get infected.

She gave them a day or two before one of them collapsed from exhaustion and died.

A small voice in the back of her mind whispered that there was still hope, but she shut it down.

They were in Tatarus. It was over.

She didn't realize she was crying untill she tasted the saltiness on her lips. It seemed like that was all she'd been doing the past couple of days. The voice begged her to wipe her cheeks and suck it up, she was Annabeth Chase for gods sake, but the overbearing sense of doom sent it scrambling back to cover.

"So, do you want the good news or bad news?"

Percy's hoarse yet upbeat voice beckoned her to look up. He had stopped at what appeared to be a dead end; he was leaning precariously off of the edge.

Her laugh was dangerously low and bitter- it suprised the both of them. "There can't be good news,"  she spat. Her voice cracked midway; Percy spun around instantly, his expression just... sad.

"Hey," his shoulders drooped as he reached out to her. He gently took her hand, his eyes staring into hers, right through her.  "Listen, we're going to figure this out, alright?"

She ripped her hand out of his, ignoring the way his face fell. "No. You can keep saying that, but Percy, do you actually believe it?"

He opened his mouth to respond before letting it snap shut. His gaze swept across her face frantically. He was silent for a moment untill he found what he wanted to say. "I believe that if anything, I'm with you. Come on, Wise Girl.  Just trust me a little, okay?"

More than anything, she wanted to tell him no. They were dying- Hades, his entire body wavered with exhaustion and pain as he spoke, not to mention that his voice was the equivalent of sandpaper. His dark hair was matted against the side of his head with blood and sweat. But he just looked so dam hopeful.