36 - I Like You

Ally's P.O.V.

I carefully walk through the hallways of BigHit and make sure that I'm as quiet as possible and hopefully make it to my station without getting caught.

I suddenly hear my phone notify me very loudly that I have received a text. This alone was enough to cause me to panic. I quickly grab my phone to silence it and look around frantically praying that no one heard.

After a couple of seconds, I take a look at my phone.

JK: Can we please talk?

I stare at the text for what seems like forever as I try to think if I should answer or not. I decide to just not reply and slip my phone in my pocket. Ever so quietly, I proceed to keep walking and peak over a corner before turning. As soon as I see that it's safe, I continue to walk.

JK's P.O.V.

The boys and I are currently in the studio recording a song for our upcoming album. The whole entire day I couldn't manage to focus and kept messing up on my parts. I eventually got it together, but I still can't focus. I constantly keep checking my phone to see if Ally has replied to me, but only to find out that she hasn't read any of my texts.

I've been trying to get a hold of her for 2 days already, but she's been avoiding me since the incident of that night.

As soon as Yoongi hyung told me we were done for the day, I immediately walked out of the studio to see if I could find her. She should be here today since we're close to releasing a new song soon and she needs to come up with concepts.

After walking the hallways for a bit, I decided to text her one more time.

Me: Can we talk please?

After sending the text, I immediately heard a loud ding coming from somewhere. I looked at the text I sent as it said "Delivered." Slipping my phone in my pocket I follow in the direction that I heard the noise come from.

I was about to turn a corner when I saw Ally walk by from a distance. Luckily, she didn't see me, so I took this chance to finally talk to her. I carefully followed her through the hallways and made sure to be silent. Noticing that she was approaching a private room, I walked quickly towards her. I then grab her by her wrist as she screams and open the door and shove her in the room making sure to lock the door behind me.

Ally's P.O.V.

I screamed as I was suddenly pushed inside a room, but calmed down once I saw it was Jungkook.

Oh crap...

I turned around having my back face him while I shut my eyes very tightly and hoped that in some magical way he wouldn't see me.

"Ally."

And it didn't work...

I feel both of his hands get a hold of both my shoulders and spins me around to face him. Unfortunately, I made the terrible decision of opening my eyes and looking at him.

"I need to talk to you, but I can't if you keep ignoring me."

Again, I made the terrible decision of looking at his eyes. I could tell that they were holding some hurt in them and that made me feel even worse. I didn't dare to answer, so I just kept quiet.

"Why are you ignoring me? Because of the kiss?"

This statement itself was enough to open my eyes in shock and he seemed to notice.

"I told you I wasn't drunk that night. I remember everything that happened." He managed to take a step closer to me, but I took a step back.

I could feel my cheeks start to warm up and I wanted nothing more than to get out of here!! I tried my best to look anywhere but him, but the second I did, he grabbed my chin with his fingers and made me look at him. His stare was so intense yet so warm...

He then leans in and softly presses his lips against me. The kiss was nothing like the other night; it was gentle and loving at the same time.

I came back to reality and gently pulled my head back, disconnecting our lips. I took another step back and looked at the ground. There was pure silence around us and all I could hear was his heavy sigh.

"Ally... please look at me." His plead was so soft yet so convincing.

I slowly looked up at him and there it was, those eyes again

"Ally, I like you. I really really like you and you have no idea how crazy I am about you." He takes both of my hands into his and takes a step closer again.

"I didn't mean to act the way I did that night, but I just couldn't hold myself back anymore." He leans his forehead against mine and closes his eyes.

I did the same thing and tried to think for a bit. I wasn't sure how to react to something like this, to his confession because I never thought that I would find myself in this very position.

But with the amount that I was able to think, something told me that 'this' was not a good idea no matter what. Even if he does make me feel some type of way that I can't even explain myself.

"Jungkook... we can't." This was enough to make him pull away and look at me.

"Why?"

"You know why. You're you and I'm just your stylist..."

Did I in some way want to start something with him? I'm not sure... I know that when I'm around him, he gives me butterflies, but I don't think that I was at the point of liking him... Actually...I never gave any thought about liking him, but I for some reason didn't want to tell him that.

"What does that have to do with anything?" He holds on to my hands a little tighter.

"Jungkook... you can't afford to be seen with someone at this point in your career and I'll lose my job."

"No one has to know."

"Is that what you really want? To have to worry about hiding from everyone?"

"I don't care."

I pulled my hands away from his and looked at him straight in his eyes one last time.

"But I do." There was so much hurt and disappointment in his eyes and I was afraid that if I looked in them longer that I would change my mind about everything I said and consider giving it a shot. So, with that said, I turned around and headed towards the door and walked right out.

A/N
Starting off the year with a new chapter 🥴 I'm not too sure how I feel about this chapter but it will do for now....

Anyways I just noticed this book at 2k reads... First of all HOW?! And second WHAT?! I didn't think this book would get this far but thanks to everyone that has read up until now.

Also don't forget to give each chapter a star ⭐️ It would really mean a lot 😳

I hope y'all have an amazing year and accomplish whatever goals you've set!

- A