51 - Please...

Ally's P.O.V.

I need coffee!

I've only gotten a couple hours of sleep last night since I stayed up late studying for an exam that I have in my Korean language class. I thought I was done taking exams for the rest of my life, but I guess not.

While I finally reached the floor where the lounge was, my phone notified me that I got a text. I take out my phone while I exit the elevator and make my way down the hallways while texting. It was another fellow trainee who I have gotten close to.

In the middle of trying to reply back to her, I find myself bumping into something hard. This object was strong enough to make me fall down to the ground on my butt.

"I'm so sorry!" I immediately started apologizing to whoever I bumped into. I quickly grab my phone that slipped from my hand and make my way up.

"No, I'm sorry!" Halfway up, I stop where I am as the voice sounds very familiar. Next thing I know, I see a masculine hand reaching out to give me a hand  covered in tattoos that I know way too well.

I raise my head slowly and confirm that it was Jungkook standing right in front of me. Once Jungkook sees my face, his face switches to a concerned facial expression to almost turn pale quickly.

Without taking any help from him, I continue to get fully up.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

No, I'm not. My butt hurts.

We stood there for a few seconds in awkward silence. I had no idea what to do. In all honesty, I was slightly panicking because I didn't think that I would encounter Jungkook like this or anytime soon. After a few moments of awkward silence, he finally managed to speak.

"What are you doing?"

I didn't really want to answer him since he had no business knowing, but I decided to not be a b**ch and try to act like a nice person.

"Going to the lounge." I was very blunt in my response which I guess caught him off guard a bit.

"I am too!"

Jungkook's P.O.V.

That was a lie. I was actually on my way to the recording studio when I bumped into Ally, but I thought that this would be an opportunity for me to finally talk to her.

Ally's P.O.V.

Just great...

I didn't say anything to him. All I did was nod my head at his response and finally make my way to the lounge. I very badly did not want to be in this situation right now and I wish I could leave, but I really need coffee.

I tried to calm myself just a bit and tell myself to not worry. It only takes a couple of minutes to make coffee and then I can leave and continue with my day. 

As I make my way into the lounge with Jungkook behind me and start preparing my coffee right away. Everything was going very well until Jungkook started talking again.

"How's training?"

"It's good." Again, I was blunt. I really wasn't in the mood to talk to him after everything.

"That's good..."

He stopped talking after that and again the awkward silence was welcomed back again.

"Did you hear about the nomination we got?"

"I did. Congrats."

At this point I was getting a little irritated and annoyed that he was still trying to make a conversation with me. You would think that at this point he would already get the hint that I didn't want to talk to him, but I guess not.

"Anyways...how are you?"

After hearing this question, I stopped whatever I was doing. I tried really hard to contain myself and my emotions, but I just couldn't anymore.

"Jungkook, what do you want?" My voice was laced with irritation and anger, something that people usually never hear from me.

I couldn't believe the audacity that he had to talk to me in the first and even more with asking this question.

I wanted to tell him how he was making me feel. I wanted to yell at him and make him see all the pain that he put me through and that I'm still dealing with. I wanted to make him feel the same way as me, but I knew that I couldn't.

JK's P.O.V.

Ally's tone caught me by surprise and even intimidated me a bit since I've never heard her speak like that before.  At this point, I was really nervous, but that desire to keep talking to her was bigger than anything right now.

"N-nothing... I just wanted to know how you were doing since it's been a whi-..."

"You lost the privilege to know about my business the day that you ended things."

I didn't know what to say after that, so I decided to just stop talking and she continued to make her coffee. I was feeling very ashamed, embarrassed, and mad all at the same time.

It's been months already since we broke up and containing my feelings, especially right now, is becoming very hard to do. I wanted to just tell her the truth and tell her I still loved her, but I knew that I couldn't. I was going to drop the whole conversation and leave, but I knew that I just couldn't or else I'd regret it. So I took the risk.

"I know, but at least-..."

I was startled and even jumped a bit when I heard her slam her cup against the counter loudly.

"It's hard enough as it is to see you pass by the hallways, so please don't make it hard enough by trying to talk to me. Please..."

I physically could feel my heart break even more after hearing her words. I didn't realize that I was being selfish until now with wanting to talk to her, but in reality I was only hurting her even more.

Not wanting to continue hurting her, I drop the conversation and with that Ally walks out of the lounge.

Seeing her walk away brought back a lot of emotions, especially from the night we broke up. I feel very frustrated now and angry with myself. How can I hurt the one person I love so much?...

My body was soon filled with so much frustration and anger that I couldn't contain myself and kicked one of the chairs closest to me.

I don't know how long I can keep up with this, but every single day I feel like I'm slowly dying inside.

A/N

This book has been doing so well lately and I'm so glad that many of you are liking my book! 😭💜

I felt very motivated to write another chapter and update it with y'all!

Thank you guys for all the love and support that you're giving this book and I'll try my best to delivery the best content in each and every chapter! 🥰

- Ash