58 - Truth

Don't forget to give me a ⭐️ if you enjoyed this chapter! 🥺

Also Chapter 6 & 7 are up for The Liar's Song!! Go check it out!

———————

JK's P.O.V.

I've spent almost an hour trying to find someone to hang out with but everyone seems to be busy and ends up ignoring me. I was about to give up and go home until I remembered about Yoongi.

I knew that if I went to him there were 3 possibilities.

1. He's working on music
2. He's playing basketball
3. He's sleeping

Either way I knew he was going to be busy, but at least I was already used to him eventually ignoring me after a while.

Reaching his "Genius Lab," I punch in his password and open the door to reveal Yoongi working on music.

"I'd suggest you go away if you're not going to be useful, Jungkook."

I stopped midway in my tracks, surprised that he could tell it was me without even turning around.

"Just wanted to spend some time with you since everyone else is busy..."

I continue to make my way in and sit on the sofa that he had. After I've sat down, Yoongi stops working and turns his chair to face me. I knew he was about to kick me out so I decided to give him a little pout to let me stay.

As soon as he faced me, I could tell by his expression that something was on his mind. He wanted to ask me something, but was debating on asking or not. He soon shakes his head and remains silent.

"What's up with you? You seem like you want to ask me something. Spit it out. You can ask me anything."

I took a bottle of water that he had on his coffee table and started drinking it as I waited for him to respond.

"Have you talked to Ally recently?"

I suddenly start choking. I bang on my chest as I try to cough it out as I didn't expect for him to ask me that. Actually, I wasn't  sure what I was expecting him to ask, but it sure wasn't that.

"Why?" After recovering from my near death experience, I ask him with curiosity.

"I'll take that as a 'No' then."

Yoongi was about to turn around until I grabbed onto his chair and stopped him midway. I had no idea why he was bringing her up, so I had to know.

"Why, Hyung?" I tried to sound as if I wasn't desperate, but I think that he already knew that.

"Nothing. I was just asking."

I looked at him for a bit and then to the ground in silence. Was there something that I needed to know? He knew that we both broke up, but if he was to bring her up, did something happen?

"I haven't talked to her in months..." My voice was a little faint answering him back.

"I'm guessing she didn't take the break up well."

I let go of his chair and sat back on the couch trying not to get emotional in any way.

"It was my fault... I told her that I didn't want to be with her anymore instead of telling her the truth... She's been mad at me since then."

I never told Yoongi how I broke up with Ally and the excuse I gave her. He only knew that we were done.

"Mm. You really f**ked up."

I-

I was getting slightly emotional, but now that was thrown out the window.

"But why are you bringing her up?" I shake off what he just said and continue to figure out his reason for bringing her up.

"No reason. I saw her earlier today and she didn't look well."

His reason threw me off just a bit, but I knew exactly what he was talking about. Last time I saw her was a little over a month ago and she wasn't doing well.

Remembering back to her cries of pain and how she broke down was weighing over me even more.

"I know. It's probably my fault that she's like that..."

"Stop being so depressed. You don't have any proof. Plus, it looks like she's been overworking herself lately.
Also being a trainee isn't exactly easy."

"I don't know, Hyung. Recently, I feel like everything is my fault, especially when it comes to her."

I look at the ground as I hear Yoongi take a deep sigh and cross his legs and arms.

Yoongi's P.O.V.

If I knew he was going to be this depressing, I wouldn't have even asked in the first place.

"If you really feel that way then why don't you just tell her the truth?"

Jungkook was making all this harder than it had to be. All he had to do was tell the truth, but knowing how he is, I knew it would be hard for him.

After a couple of minutes, Jungkook lifts his head to look at me and my eyes widen in shock as I see him crying. Suddenly I start to panic.

Oh sh*t.

Jungkook's P.O.V.

"I can't..." I felt my voice break as all the other motions are getting to me now.

"Yes you can. Just go up to her and tell her the truth."

The truth. It seemed so simple, but really it wasn't...

"She's going to hate me even more..."

Sometimes the truth hurts even more than the lie. I knew she was going to hate me.

"Or maybe she won't."

"I don't know, Hyung... I think it's too late for that now."

I've thought about telling her the truth millions of times, but I didn't have the guts to do it since I didn't know how it would go. I'd rather have her be angry with me than have her hate me.

Yoongi's P.O.V.

This kid is helpless.

Getting annoyed with him, I stop trying and just turn around and continue working.

"You'll never know until you do it."

The truth hurts, but how the person reviving the truth handles it is up to them.

"Oh... and close the door on your way out."

A/N

Guys!! I just started writing the first few chapters of the sequel to this book and let me tell you that y'all are probably going to hate me for it 😭😳

Also I'll be adding a few new characters to story that might be useful to the 3rd book 👀
That is if you guys like the second book 💀🤣

Anyways the next chapter is something to really look forward as it changes the direction of the story and connects to the end!!

I'm sad that in a couple of weeks this book will be ending but I have some amazing ideas up my sleeve for book 2!

- Ash