12- Why so cold??

"Jeon Jeongguk? Are you fucking deaf?!" he heard Y/N shout from the entrance of the café.

Jeongguk turned his gaze from the ground to Y/N who looked mad.

He could probably guess why. Jeon fastened his steps and quickly entered the shop while looking down at the floor once he went past the extremely angry Y/N.

Y/N stood there at the entrance waiting for Jeon to get inside quickly.

Her brain was rejecting every thought at the moment. It wasn't willing to think even a bit. Everything was so awkward. Y/N didn't want to be mad at Jeon. She didn't know how to feel.

Maybe, somewhere deep inside, she still felt scared.

Soon Kim Y/N was enveloped with a thick cloud of guilt.

Nothing seemed to get past her. She slowly went to the employee at the cafeteria, who happened to be So-Yeon, and forced a smile at her.

She wanted to be formal, so she decided to act playfully, hoping that it will help her flush away the incident on the ground.

"Good afternoon! I am Kim Y/N, and this." She pointed at Jeongguk who was standing far away, staring down at the floor.

"- That guy right there is Jeon Jeongguk." Shivers ran down her spine even mentioning his name.

All this was a big deal for Y/N.

Though she had partially kissed Jeon earlier, there was something more to it now. It was something Y/N was never able to decipher to date. Couldn't create a proper definition for her feelings.

She quickly registered their names.

"Good afternoon Y/N!" So- Yeon played along.

"Welcome to "Peaches and Creams! Ask your friend to come here too so that I can escort you two to the back of the store."

Y/N shrugged a bit as she turned around to face Jeon.

It was a loud and cheerful café, so she decided to walk to Jeon and bring him to the counter rather than shouting on top of her voice.

Her steps stiffened as she walked closer to Jeongguk who was still immersed in his world.

"Jeon." Y/N felt bad for being this blunt with him, but she couldn't act likeashing had happened at all.

"-Come with me.", Y/N said as she gestured to him with her hands.

Jeongguk quickly gave her a nod and started to walk with her, not sparing a single glance at her.

They both were acting cold towards each other. But how else did they plan to interact? Things were just so weird.

They both ended up alone at the back of the café, where a lot of packed food items were stacked on one another.

They had to deliver these food packets to a nearby area where vefewtle people had access to food. Y/N had a list in her hand telling them all the statistics.

"I'll carry all the food, it's quite heavy. You can walk ahead and then distribute it." Y/N turned around to see Jeongguk still looking down at the ground while speaking.

Her lips curled up unintentionally as she saw how scared Jeon was while talking to her. Jeongguk did deserve pity and forgiveness.

They were best friends after all.

"Ya-YAH Jeongshit!" Jeongguk looked up at Y/N for the first time to see her standing there with her head low as she fiddled with her fingers.

Jeongguk didn't utter a word. He stayed put at his spot as he prepared himself for a scolding.