13- Change

Things were getting better between Y/N and Jeongguk as the time passed.

Y/N was soon introduced to all of Jeongguk's friends- Taehyung, Jimin, Namjoon, Hoseok, Yoongi, San and Yeong-Yom.

Everyone was quite different from what the school made of them as humans.

They were surprisingly, civilized and well behaved.

Taehyung was cute and peppy; Jimin was charismatic and flirty; Namjoon loved books, which was the complete opposite of what he used to showcase during school; Hoseok was the literal child of the sun with his bright personality; Yoongi was quiet and laid back; and San and Yeong-Yom were the purest form of dumbasses.

It was amusing to Y/N because no one was their true self at school and she often found herself wondering why it was so.

Jeongguk too was easing into Y/N's friend circle. Though Kang-dae was still unsure of Jeongguk's intentions, he decided that it would be better not to bug Y/N about keeping caution, all the time.

Jeongguk spent most of his time with volleyball though.

It was the most important for him.

He did do volunteer work and attend classes, but soon both Y/N and Jeongguk realised that there were only a few days when they attended classes together. Also, Y/N couldn't attend all volunteer sessions herself.

She had extra classes that she had to attend if she wanted to attend a good college. She had enough credits and didn't need to attend all volunteer hours. The time she spent in the Astronomy club increased too after the summer breaks.

As for Jeon, there was not a single minute that he was free.

No time to breath.

Jeongguk only gave in to do all this work because he assumed that he would get to spend more time with his new-found friend- Y/N. But it turned out that his friend was busier than he had anticipated. Things just weren't progressing with the two.

Y/N didn't like it. She and Jeongguk didn't have any time for themselves let alone for their friends and each other.

It was a Sunday afternoon, the only time she was free. That's when an idea popped into her head. She quickly called Jeongguk.

"Y/N?"

"Jeongguk-ah! Free to talk?" a smile played on Jeongguk's face.

"Of course. Its Sunday Y/N, do you expect me to work on Sundays too?" Jeon teased.

"No! I had an idea! How about you and I walk to our clubs together? The astronomy club and the gym are on the same route. We'll get some time to catch up with each other that way." Y/N said excitedly. Honestly, she didn't know why she was so excited.

Why was she looking forward to all of this so eagerly? She didn't know or rather hadn't accepted it yet.

Jeongguk's face lit up. Genius. Y/N was a genius. But he decided to play it cool and act manly. "Yeah sure. Ok then lets walk to the clubs together." He answered blankly.

A frown made its way on Y/N's face.

"Jeongguk-ah, is everything ok? Why do you seem so dull?"

Jeongguk being the dumbass he is answered with a simple "everything is ok". That was enough for Y/N- the overthinker to start worrying as her head stated contemplating what she could have done wrong. Then realisation hit her. Shit she hasn't been spending time with Jeon at all. Is he mad?