6- Will You Be My Audience?

Y/N and Jeongguk hadn't seen each other for weeks now. Y/N's life was back to normal. Everyone thought that Jeongguk had forgotten everything and that he had moved on. Y/N had told her friends about what had happened on the day of the physics project and how they 'pecked'; just pecked each other the next morning. Bora knew about it too. She was the most optimistic about it amongst the others. Kang-dae was shocked and didn't speak to Y/N for a solid four days but then gave in after Y/N tried to convince him for the hundredth time that it was fine and that whatever she did was after a great amount of thinking.

Everything seemed to get back to normal like it was when Y/N never saw Jeon and didn't know that he existed. Y/N somewhere missed him too but didn't try to approach him.

It was lunchtime, and everyone was sitting together. Y/N was Facetiming Bora as she ate her lunch. The table was quite noisy.

"so, how is your relationship with that Jeon guy going?" Bora asked Y/N.

"well, I haven't approached him or seen him around since like three weeks now." Y/N answered suddenly missing Jeongguk a lot.

"Why haven't you approached him you dumbass?!?!" Bora asked shouting at her.

What Y/n didn't notice was that the table had suddenly fallen silent and Bora was the only one speaking.

"well, I told you about him, didn't I? I don't trust him enough right now." Y/N said not meeting her friend's gaze

"But what if he likes you?" Bora asked fighting back a grin.

"Then he should have come back." Y/N answered.

"well, here I am. Thank you for your help Y/N's friend." A voice said from behind Y/N.

Y/N seemed confused as Bora nodded her head to someone who seemed to be standing behind Y/N. Y/N knew this voice. It was Jeongguk. He was standing behind Y/N with his arms crossed.

"Jeon! H-hi! I didn't expect you here." Y/N said feeling a little embarrassed about the entire situation.

Jeongguk looked at Y/N and smiled.

"Jeongguk I-I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"It's ok Y/N-ahh, I understand."

"You wanted me to come and here I am!" Jeongguk said smiling brightly at her.

Y/N gave him a sheepish grin not knowing how to react.

Y/N turned around to look at her friends. They were quiet. They didn't say anything. Bora was the only one smiling.

"Jeon, come sit." Someone said from the table.

It was Kang-dae. Y/N couldn't believe her ears. Y/N thanked him, bowing a little at him as Jeongguk said thank you and sat beside Y/N, their shoulders squeezing into each other.

Y/N's cheeks flushed red as she stared at her lap. Jeongguk put his hand on her own but didn't look at her. He simply looked at everyone else as he introduced himself slowly tightening his grip on Y/N's hand with every word that he spoke.

By the time Jeongguk finished introducing himself, Y/N's face had turned red as a tomato.

Y/N looked at her friends who slowly were believing that Jeongguk took Y/N seriously. All this was making her happy. She then looked at Kang-dae who felt her gaze and looked back at her. He gave Y/N an approving smile; and that was it, Y/N was just so happy about everything. She held Jeongguk's hand tighter making him finally turn towards her.

"Yes? How may I help you?" He asked looking at her with lustful eyes.

Y/N squealed and wrapped her arms around him giving Jeongguk a side hug. He smiled and hugged her back.

"Y/N-ahh," He spoke softly.

Y/N turned towards him solely focusing on what Jeongguk had to say.

"Would you like to come to my Volleyball match tomorrow?" he asked her sounding desperate.

"Jeon, I'm sorry. But I can't. I have an important event to attend tomorrow." Y/N said not being able to meet his gaze.

"Oh. It's ok Y/N." He forced a smile at her.

"I should go now. Bye, everyone!" Jeongguk said and left without another word.

Jeongguk was feeling torn. How much did he want Y/N to come to his Championship Finale? He felt broken and all he felt like doing was to dig a hole and jump right in.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Y/N?! why did you do this to him!?" Bora asked her ready to jump out of the phone screen.

"Yeah, why did you just say no?" Sua said looking disappointed.

"Y/N-ahh, you should have said yes. Why have you started to lie so much these days?" Kang-dae asked to her surprised.

Soon they all saw an evil grin build up on Y/N's lips.

"Why in this holy world are you grinning Y/N!!!" Sojun asked with his brows scrunched together, wide-eyed.

"Because I'll be surprising Jeon tomorrow."

Y/N woke up the next day jumping here and there.

Jeongguk's match was today and Y/N had to surprise him. Y/N quickly got ready in the clothes she had worn on the day of the school ball night cus she knew he loved them. Y/N went down making sure not to bump into Jeon as she headed to grab breakfast in the cafeteria.

As Y/N reached the table where her friends were sitting, they all started staring at her making her uncomfortable.

"What?" Y/N asked

"Does it not look good?"

"It looks beautiful!" Seo-Yeon said making her blush a little.

"Thank you."

"U guys think he'll like it?" Y/N asked seriously worried.

"I'll punch him on the face if he doesn't like it," Young Mi said earning a high five from her boyfriend.

Y/N smiled at them thanking them for their support. She quickly finished her breakfast and headed straight to the gym with the biggest smile plastered on her face.

Jeongguk was not feeling good about this game. Y/N was not coming. He found it pointless to even play today. While they changed into their jerseys, San and Yeong-Yom walked towards him.

"C'mon man, it's okay. She must be busy. Cus she loves you a lot." San said rubbing Jeon's back trying to be sympathetic.

"I know," Jeongguk said dully. But he knew that he had to do well. Volleyball was important to him. He brushed off the thought and called a team meeting before heading out.

The moment they went out on the court, they were welcomed with a loud cheer and applause. As Jeongguk bowed to the audience for their support, Taehyung patted him on the shoulder.

"Yes?" Jeongguk asked with his brows knitted together.

"Is that girl Y/N?" he asked pointing to a girl sitting on the benches taking Jeongguk's picture.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! here's another chapter for all of you. Please do vote and write your comments telling me you all like the story and please do give your feedbacks as well.

I hope you liked today's chapter. See you next time! Bye!

-Yugen