Chapter Nine - For the Throne

Many rumours swirled around England as well as news

Many rumours swirled around England as well as news. The rumours were that Edward and Richard had perished at see, yet according to Isabel Neville they had survived and George had left to join them. News has reached London that Elizabeth finally had a boy, a York prince which made others worry greatly. Jasper Tudor refused to let Warwick keep King Henry safe and put another Lancastrian in his stead both went to the Tower for protection. Anne, Margaret of Anjou and Prince Edward of Lancaster set sail for England.

--------------

Back at Westminster while the Yorks slept soundly. Elizabeth was awoken by what sounded like cannon fire, she looked around scared then put on her shoes. She went to look out of the hatch on the door and saw two figures approaching. She rushed back to her children closing and doors behind her in her sanctuary. She grabbed a dagger and aimed it at the intruder.

"Stay back." She told them "Do not come any closer. Who are you!" Down came the hood to reveal Edward.

"Edward." she breathed dropping the dagger "Oh thank god. You came back to me." She launched to embrace.

"Of course I did. I always do." He replied

"How did you get past the guards?" Elizabeth wondered

"Warwick has no men here, they are gathering for the battle." He informed her "Elizabeth. George has been good to his word. Listen. Sons of York are reunited but we must face the Lancastrian army in the upcoming days. I can't stay, but I had to see you. See my son." he walked past her and picked up Little Edward.

"He's a fine weight. Look he has your chin." he commented staring down at his boy

"He has your wide feet." Elizabeth chuckled

"Uh, I've been gone too, too long. I pray that this is not the only time we meet. I will come home, keep you safe. Make this land better for you. I love you little Prince." he promised

"Mama, Papa?" Hope mumbled rubbing her eyes. Edward looked over to the waking Princess and walked over with his son his arms

"My brave Little Hope." he kissed her head

"Your home." she smiled sleepily, leaning her head on his arm.

"Almost, I have one more battle to win before I fully return." he whispered

"Then you shall win." she beamed and he chuckled

"If you believe in me, so I shall. Now you must go back to sleep okay. Go to sleep now." he encouraged and she laid back down to close her eyes and drift back off into slumber. Edward stayed a while with his wife.

"Damn Warwick, making me run like a coward. Driving you here to have my son in a dungeon ." he seethed

"We are fine." Elizabeth assured him "Be angry, be vengeful but never shame. You ran for your life, nobody blames you."

"I've been ambushed, captured but I was never afraid because I was young, fearless.A King. Knowing that Warwick wants me dead, now that I have a son knowing that there is life beyond me."

"Shhhh"

"If we win I will make sure this never happens again." He assured her

"When. When you win." She corrected "You know Warwick, you know him, you know his ways."

"He taught me everything I know. He made me King. I loved him, now I must kill him." he muttered.

-------------------

When Hope woke the next morning her father was gone. She sat next to the fire wrapped up to keep herself warm. Hope stared longing into it wanting her father to return home. She looked up when she heard someone at the door. Elizabeth opened it when she saw that it was her mother.

"Your Husband will face our enemy at Barnet, North of London. There is word that Warwick has three times the troops and still awaits reinforcements." Jaquetta informed her daughter.

"So Margret of Anjou has landed?"

"Nobody knows where she is, but she will have set sail." Jaquetta replied "Soon as there was a break in the weather, she could be marching to join forces."

"Surely Edward will fall back, take the town, set a siege." Jauqetta shook her head

"The King prepares to fight. Edward must defeat Warwick to keep the crown. But if the Thames mist were to rise as high as Barnet. Who'd even know the army was there?" she suggested. As darkness fell, Hope and Lizzie joined Elizabeth and Jaquetta at the windows above them. One by one the four of them let out a slow and deep breath, focusing on what they wanted to happen. Outside a fog raised and moved along, giving cover to the York army. just as was wished of it. The Yorks slowly advanced using the fog as their cover. With a mighty call they charged into battle Red against White until the three York sons faced Warwick, neither felt the him the fatal blow.

Meanwhile Margret of Anjou, Edward of Lancaster and Anne Neville arrived on shore of England with supporters, Margaret learned the fate of Warwick but did not tell her daughter in law but adjusted her plans. yet they did not leave and return to France but stayed to fight.

York Won.