Chapter Twenty Seven - Settling Troubles

-Hope-

-Hope-

The next morning my family and I were permitted to walk around in the gardens. My mother, Lizzie and Cecily and I along with our ladies were taking our stroll. It was nice to get some fresh air, away from the turn of events, the constant turn of events that happened to our family since Father's death. While the ladies walked in front of us. Mother diverted off when they weren't concentrating, we followed.

"Parliament have said that he must marry you." Mother informed me.

"But I was right. He doesn't want to." I state taking Lizzie's arm. "Well the feeling is mutual."

"How do you know that they have said that?" Cecily questioned. mother looked back to her with a coy smile but never answered. As usual she had her secrets. We made our way out into the middle where the flowers were in full bloom. That was when Lord Strange approached us.

"Princess Hope. The King will see you in his private rooms tonight alone." He informed me and i scowled

"But we are not married." I retort. It was improper for me to be with him without a chaperone till I was. It was one of the things that had been installed in me despite my slightly unusual upbringing.

"My daughter thanks, His Grace and is delighted to attend." Mother interjected. Lord Strange accepted this response and took his leave. I turned to my mother and scoffed before walking off

"Go, Hope. Perhaps you may yet grow to like him." she suggested.

"Mother's right, what is the harm. It's not like he can do anything, you're you." Lizzie stated then stopped me "It's just one meal, at least for now. Get the measure of him." she convinced me.

-----------------

That evening I was escorted to his rooms

That evening I was escorted to his rooms. We sat down and our food was brought to us, though I wasn't much interested in it as the wine. I poked at the fruit on my plate as the King ate.

"Your mother should be here to chaperone you." he commented. His hypocrisy knew no bounds since he invited me her alone.

"Well, perhaps she learned her disregard of  decency from you."  I retort taking some more of my wine

"Perhaps she knows a chaperone is pointless, in your case. Foolish to close the stable door when the horse has long since bolted." he rebuffed and I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Are you implying that I'm a whore? Who told you such rumours, your mother? I don't think it's me who has the issues, it you, ripped away from your mothers tit so young, no idea on who she really is just following loyal behind like some pet. Even if it was true, I bet that filly loved her stolen freedom, memories for a lifetime or beyond." that seemed to hit a nerve. He rose from his chair and took the couple of steps to me, lifting me up harshly out of my chair.

"Come with me!"

"What the...Get off me!" I protest as he pulled me into his chambers

"Come." he pushed me further into the room and turned around going back for the door.

"What are you doing?!" I exclaim as he shuts the doors to his room and locks it"Unlock the door!" I order but he does not comply

"So this is how the King of England behaves towards a Lady." I comment as my hand brushes over where my dagger is hidden.

"Towards a whore and you said so yourself, that's what you are." He retorts as he removes his belt and jacket

"I never implied such a thing you did. Besides if that's what you think, you will not wish to wed me will you." I sneer at him.

"I do not, with all my heart, I don't" he grabs my arm and pulls me towards his bed "But I'm told i must for England" I try to fight back.

"For yourself. England will not have you without me. They will support no one without me and that scares you."  he shoved me onto the bed

"My heir must have some York blood in his veins as well as Tudor. And we will know that you are fertile before you sit on any throne beside me." I lift my leg up and push him away finally.

"We?! Your mother wishes you to rape me!" I yell

"It isn't rape. We shall be married." he protests

"It is when you do not have my consent. You only have what I give you, only if I will have you." I seethe at him lifting myself up.

"You think you have a choice?" he questions " You think you have free will in this? I am the King and I do not." Everything in me right now wanted to gut him and take the throne for my brother. But I had to be smart, not hot headed, not Uncle George. I lifted up my skirts and removed my dagger slamming it on the table.

"You think of hurting me I will slit your throat." I threaten and moved to the bed "Lets get it over with then." he seemed shocked by my response but undid what her needed to as I detached from the moment, only feeling numb as he did the deed. He pulled away.

"Have you finished, I barely noticed" I meekly fire at him.

"I thought about your sister, Cecily. It made it quick." he rebuffed and I slapped him, insulted. I grabbed my dagger quickly retiring it to where it was before and left. I stormed back to my chambers the door rattled as I entered. Cecily was with our little sisters.

"Get out Cecily"! she looked up but didn't move "I said get out!" i yell ordering her.

"Take the little ones." Mother tells her and they leave I drop onto the bed my head hitting the pillow. "What is it? What Happened?" Mother wonders as Lizzie comes over

"Oh Lizzie." my voice cracks as I hold out my hand for her, she takes it and sits on the bed without hesitation "My Lizzie." she strokes the hair out of my face.

"He is bad man, Lizzie. A horrible, bad man." I tell her

"Did he force you?" mother questioned and I sat up.

"No." i denied "No, he did not win me. He has not won, this moment. I will not let him win. I won't let him beat me." she welcomed me into her comforting embrace.