Chapter Forty One - Warrior Queen

Lizzie was the first to be married and then next week it would be Cecily. I watched as she was dressed and Teddy was with Maggie.

"Teddy, come here." I called him over. He ran over and I crouched down "Do you remember what I said, when I came to visit? About the mean people who want you to stay in the Tower?"

"Yes, Hope." he nodded as he played with my hair twisting it through his fingers.

"You cannot give them a reason, so even anyone calls out for you, say nothing or say God Save the King." I tell him, I wanted him to come home as much as his sister.

"Do I have to? Can't I say for you instead?" he looked up at me

"You can if you wish but it will be one of them three things. If you are very good at Lizzie and Cecily's wedding, you get to come home. You would like that wouldn't you?" he nodded smiling "I knew you would. Now you can go back to your sister." he ran back to Maggie and I took a deep breath.

Henry and I rode on horses behind my beautiful sister. The people were chanting God save the King and God save the Queen. They also shouted for Elizabeth.

"King Warwick we support you!" I felt the life drain out of me as I heard someone shout

"God save Queen Hope! Queen Hope!" I looked back in both shock and happiness at his cheers. He did it, he really did it. I looked at Henry who too looked shocked. I let out a small laugh "Queen Hope!" he continued to cheer and other people followed. The rest of the journey continued on without a hitch. I watched as my twin sister marry Lord Alexander Duke of Cambridge. When we were back at Westminster, Henry pulled me aside.

"Did you have something to do with what happened with your cousin?" he asked

"Does it not please you? It pleases me. Someone tried to stir unrest and they failed. Yes, he could have shouted for you, but if he does well with Cecily and he is allowed to continue to stay with us he will warm up to you." I beamed

"Yes, yes I am pleased." he returned my joy.

"I must help prepare Lizzie's marriage bed, but tomorrow, tomorrow why don't we spar?! You have yet to see how talented I am. I might even beat you." I laughed stepping away and turning around. I helped prepare her marriage bed and watched as she and Lord Alexander slipped in. Once they were blessed we left them, i gave my sister a small and encouraging smile.

--------------

The next day, I wasn't dressed in my normal attire, I dressed in my trousers and shirt with a broad leather belt. I braided my hair and dismissed my ladies for the morning.  I brought out my father sword which Richard had gifted to me upon my return to court and holstered it. I left my rooms and headed for Henry's rooms. He was speaking with his Uncle and mother. I cleared my throat and caught their attention.

"Are you ready?" I ask

"You were serious?" he retorted

"I never joke about sparing. Well are you coming, or are you afraid of being beaten by a girl?" I challenged  smirking at him.

"This is inappropriate, you are the monarchs of England. You shouldn't..." Lady Margaret protested

"You talk like you're expecting me to care. Arthur is asleep and if have to embroider one more thing I will scream. Now are you coming or what?" I turn on my heal and walk out. I head for where they would normally set up for archery. Henry had followed me as did some of the court, turns out when your dressed in a shirt and trousers carrying a sword, you attract attention. I removed my sword and threw the sheath to one side.

"Is she really going to do this?" I heard Lord Alexander question my sister.

"Hope, I do not wish to hurt you." Henry sighed and I twisted the sword around and chuckled

"That's sweet. It is but that's doubtful."  he made no move to take out his sword and I sighed "Lizzie will you please tell him." I pouted

"Why not amuse her?" she replied with folded arms and small smile. He still refused to do anything, so I decided to goad him.

"Were you this apprehensive on their field?" I questioned circling him "How did you win against my Uncle again? Pure Luck?" I continued to goad him

"This is unbecoming of a Queen." Lady Margret protested once more

"Really? I think my outfit is quite becoming. Do you know how to fight, My lady the King's mother? Or were you sheltered. I believe you were sheltered. No wonder you hold such resent to other women." I insult her

"You're being rude again, sister." Lizzie commented

"Oh, my apologies." I bowed lowly, the slapped Henry's ass with my sword "So?" he said nothing

"Fine, Lizzie. You still remember who to spar in a dress right?" I took Henry's sword and went to hand it to her.

"Fine." Henry gave in holding out his hand. I grinned and handed it back to him. I took my stance readying myself. We circled each other before he attacked first, I blocked him and fought back, we went back and forth blocking and attacking, he almost hand me but I pushed him back. I laughed

 I laughed

"Not bad. Not bad at all." I launched and we sparred once more but it was short as I managed to remove the sword from his hand and held my blade to his throat. He breathed heavily with an expression I couldn't read. I removed my blade and handed back his.

"How?" he questioned. I didn't reply just smiled I went and stood in front of Lady Margaret.

"Every woman, should know how to fight Lady Margaret. We are much put upon in this world and men are not always kind. Men are not always around if we need them, you may not have liked my father but he taught us to protect ourselves should the need ever arise. You may not like me or the way I handle things but I will tell you this. I am your sons wife and Queen, whether you agree with me or not that is the simple fact, never, ever cross me. I bite." Lizzie handed me my sheath and I put away my sword.