Chapter Fifteen - Time Jump

-Hope-

-Hope-

Father watched me practice sword fighting. I was fighting my Uncle Richard when he knocked the sword out of my hand and held his blade to my throat.

"I win." he breathed heavily

"Doubtful." I grinned glancing down at my second glad that I had aimed at his stomach "A warrior is always prepared." Father laughed clapping his hands as Richard and I stepped away from each other. I grinned and picked up my sword tucking it away back in his sheath, the heading to stand in front of my father. He took my face in his hands and brought me forward so he could kiss my head.

"Perfect, my sweet. You are ready." he tells me

"Ready for what father?" I question but he does not give me a reply he simply smiles at taking my arm and then leading me back inside.

---the next day----

Most of us had gather to eat with Mother and Father. I sat next to Papa and my little sister Anne laughing, listening to Thomas tell tall tales. When the food was brought in, we all clapped at the magnifico meal. Father had caught a big fish when he left earlier.

"Ah, my prize catch." Father beamed

"From your boast earlier i half expected an army to bring it in." I joke as it was laid out before us

"Princess Hope will be having a small portion due to that remark." Father retorted smiling, i scoffed

"I'll clearly be having yours, clearly you've been having too much as of late." I smirked taking a sip of my drink.

"I'm merely eating like a King, shall we dine alone tonight? Send these leeches away to each with the peasantry?" Father questioned mother.

"Leeches?!" Lizzie exclaimed "He called us leeches, Thomas."

"Have as much as you like Father, you've earned the right to enjoy yourself." Cecily smiled at our father. Over the past few years I could see the jealousy linger in her eyes when she looked at Father and I. Lizzie seemed to no longer feel that way and I was grateful. I'm Sure Cecily would grow out of it.

"More wine father?" Richard wondered

"Thank you Richard, Cecily. All my delightful children  and my Queen." Father kissed her hand. I helped Anne put some food on her plate. Then took some for myself and began to eat.

----------------

I had just come back from a ride with my guard when a another guard took my horse

"Her Majesty the Queen asks for you with great haste, the King is unwell." I take off running to his chambers. I skidded to a stop seeing my siblings already waiting.

"What's going on? I was told Father was un well." I breathed heavily "He seemed fine at dinner." Lizzie hugged me which I returned

"We don't know much." Lizzie replied as Thomas came to speak with mother.