Chapter Nineteen - Twins United

-Hope-

-Hope-

My younger sisters played while Lizzie, Cecily and I stood with our mother looking out of the window hearing the bells still ring for our Uncle Richard.

"Do they think that if they ring the bells for days on end it will make his coronation, any less a sin?" Mother questioned "England will not except it, they love Edwards boys and Richard is a fool to think he can usurp Prince Edward."

"You still have no word from Prince Richard." Lizzie commented taking my hand and hugging it to her chest.

"The letter will have gone astray." Mother reasoned out loud.

"Or perhaps you have sent him to his death." Lizzie retorted, since my seeing Lizzie has become hostile towards our mother .

"Elizabeth." Mother scolded

"Maybe we shall all die now our fathers gone. Maybe he and Richard Grey and Uncle Anthony were just the first."

"No one else will die Elizabeth." Mother insisted still despite what had happened the other day

"Yes they will because, Hope has seen it. Father has seen it, he saw her with the crown." Mother scoffed

"Why do you scoff mother?" I ask "All my life you never interfered with fathers wishes for me. You never protested or questioned. I would even say you knew what he saw, yet you deny what we see as false. The Impossible is at your feet and yet you deny it." I shook my head. Lizzie and I walked away.

-------------------

"The people support us, they may not like mother but they love us, they've watched us grow, watched us walk amongst them talk with them." I spoke with my twin.

"I remember when you asked father if we could go into the market. You were so brave." Lizzie smiled remembering

"There was nothing to be afraid of, father had always taught me well. To well sometimes. But now he is not here and everything is different. Everything will continue to change it will not settle. Something is coming, Lizzie and I don't know what it is."

"I'm sure in time you will. And I'm sure that you will try to fight against it because you love our brothers, our family."