Chapter Twenty Eight - Win Hope

3rd Person-

3rd Person-

Cecily tried and failed to seduce Henry in anyway. While Hope cried into her mothers arms, Elizabeth went to talk to the King, she saw Cecily leave from the chapel put out. She entered

"Your Grace." she curtsied

"Have you come to betray you sister too? To offer yourself to me?" Henry grumbled and Elizabeth looked appalled

"I would never betray or hurt my sister. She is the other half of me, to insinuate as such is to disgrace yourself and God." she scowled at him "Nor do I apologise for her."

"You are more loyal the Cecily." he replied

"To Hope, Always and Forever. I merely offer you advice. If you wish England to accept you, you must first have Hope accept you. You may be King but she is the Queen of peoples hearts, the more you fight against her the more you will loose."

"Why do you offer me such advice, Princess Elizabeth?" he questioned

"Ever since we were born, Hope was the apple of my fathers eye, the two were connected in a way no one will ever truly understand. It wasn't until we were older that I knew why. He knew who she would become that why she was taught by himself in matters of being a royal. I help you because it will help her, maybe not today or tomorrow but it will. I want peace that my father once brought you could help her with that." she curtsied again and left him alone with his thoughts.

-----------------

-Hope-

The next day I was being escorted back to Henry's rooms. When one of the ladies caught my attention.

"Princess Hope." I stopped and turned around "This way."

"Why?" I question walking over but no one said anything. I entered the small chapel to see Lady Margaret finishing her prayers. She turned to me with a small smile.

"You are lucky in your looks, just like your mother." She began "You will have handsome children. I suppose you are still vain in your appearance though."

"I think you probably have me beat in that regard, my lady the Kings mother." I rebutted then went to leave

"I wish to speak to you as a friend." she spoke stopping me "We continue to be at odds with one another and I regret it." she had to be jesting with me

"I am to be your mother in law and you will find that when you get to know me that I have great love to give, and that I have a talent for loyalty. When I was a little girl, I was called upon to give birth to Henry. Now, I knew he would be King of England and that I would put him on the throne. When I met you, I knew that you had a destiny to bear his son. That is why I was hard on you, why i was so furious when I saw you straying from your path and fighting against your calling."

"My calling."

"You will be mother to the King of England. A boy who is the red rose and white combined. You will be the peace that ends the cousins war. And God himself will call you blessed." she replied. I walked forward to her

"When I first met you, I knew that my mother did not trust you. Yet you willingly and whole heartedly married to a York supporter. You gained our trust, my trust and then you betrayed it. Over and over again. You talk as if it is I who needs you, Lady Margaret when it is quite the opposite. I will never trust you again nor will I be your friend. The peace you so wish you destroyed and that alone is on your head and it is your sin. Good day to you." I turned on my heal and walked away.