The Tragedy

"You know, when I get more Pokémon." Jake said. Play wasn't listening. He felt quite salty after his loss, it wasn't a good start to his Pokémon journey.

"Well, I'll see you later then." Jake said. He was feeling the complete opposite to Play. Jake took off running. On the south side of Mitis Town, there was a small wooden bridge, which ran over a small shallow river, that connected Mitis to route one. Play sat glumly on the bridge. Piplup burst out of it's Pokéball.

"What was that all about?" Play grumpily asked. Piplup folded it's flippers and refused to listen.

"Maybe I should have picked a different starter?" Play muttered. Piplup seemed to notice, it turned it's head. Play had went from feeling his best to his worst. Play's stomach was empty from skipping breakfast.

"Well, I'm not going to give up just yet." Play said standing up. Piplup looked up. Play started walking into route one, Piplup meekly followed. Before he started, he noticed two shifty people wearing orange suits with large Es emblazed on their tops.

"Get lost kid." One of them said. Play continued on. He hadn't gotten far, when a trainer jusmped out.

"Bug Pokémon are the best." He said. Play glanced at Piplup. Piplup stepped forward.

"Go Wurmple." The trainer said.

"Wurmple, use string shot." The trainer said. Wurmple shot a beam of string.

"Piplup dodge." Play said, he didn't think it would work. Surprisingly, Piplup stepped out of the way.

"Use pound." Play said. Piplup groaned, and then flew forward with pound. Wurmple was taken off guard, and it hit the floor.

"Piplu—." Play didn't finish. Piplup had already madly slapped Wurmple up with pound. The trainer returned Wurmple and sent out another one.

"Piplup, NOW—." Play once again couldn't finish. Piplup had already dived forward and slapped the life out of Wurmple, it fell to the floor in a heap. The bug trainer just stood in open mouth shock. Piplup was breathing hard. They moved on through. Very slightly, it looked like Piplup was starting to listen to Play. Hey, it didn't listen to him entirely, but it was better than being entirely reckless. During the walkthrough. Play encountered a Rookidie. He scanned it with his Pokédex.

Rookidie, the tiny bird Pokémon. It will bravely challenge any opponent, no matter how powerful. This Pokémon benefits from every battle—even a defeat increases its strength a bit. Jumping nimbly about, this small-bodied Pokémon takes advantage of even the slightest opportunity to disorient larger opponents.

"Piplup, GO." Play said. Piplup walked forward and loudly screeched.

"Use pound." Play said. Instead of obeying, Piplup started making blowing noises. Rookidie cocked it's head to the side. Rookidie then attacked. It surged forward with peck. Piplup continued the blowing noises.

"Piplup!" Play called. At the last second Piplup blew a bubble. Ad it imprisoned Rookidie inside. Play's Pokédex beeped.

Piplup: Moves: Bubble learned

Rookidie eventually wore itself out with the effort. The bubble popped, and Rookidie dropped to the floor. Play threw one of his empty Pokéballs, it sucked Rookidde inside. After rolling three times, Play picked up the Pokéball and whispered excitedly:

"My first captured Pokémon." Things were looking up. Another trainer challenged him.

"I met my Pokémon on this route." He said. "GO Zigzagoon."

"Piplup return, GO Rookidie." Play said.

"Zigzagoon, use headbutt. He said.

"Rookidie, use peck." Play said. The two moves clashed, Zigzagoon triumphed, and Rookidie stand backwards through the air. Rookidie's claws grew red. It then slashed around itself.

Rookidie: Moves: Hone claws learned.

"Zigzagoon, use tackle." The trainer said.

"Rookidie, use peck." Play said. Rookidie's accuracy was close to perfect. It dodged Zigzagoon, and powerfully struck it in the head. Zigzagoon span around.

"Rookidie, finish this with peck again." Play said. Before Zigzagoon could get up, Rookidie pecked it again, which knocked it out. As Play advanced, he got to know his Rookidie. It seemed to like battling a lot. Piplup was slightly jealous at the attention Rookidie was getting. When another trainer challenged Play, he quickly defeated her. After this, he had to walk up some stone steps. The the right, was junction to Cheshma Town. To the left, was more wild grass. Play was about to walk into Cheshma town, when he heard someone calling his name.
"PLAAAAYY." The voice screamed. Play recognised it as Jake.

"I don't have time to explain." He said. "We need to go." Both boys ran back to Mitis town.

When he got there. Professor Cypress was there, an elderly couple stood there as well.

"Play." Cypress began. "I'm very sorry, but we have some upsetting news." Play's heart started to beat fast. What could have possibly happened.

"You see, in the short time your parents have been here..." Cypress seemed to be talking suspiciously slowly.

"They have been abducted by an organisation of people known as team Eclipse." Play suddenly remembered the people he'd seen at the start of route one.

"Team Eclipse!" He thought. Of course, the people he saw by route one, he thought something might have been suspicious about them.

"As you can see, this is a very difficult situation." The professor continued. "Why don't you go and meet one of my friends in Cheshma Town, her name is Linda, you can talk to her." Cypress then sadly walked away.

"Play." Jake said. "I'm sorry." Play felt as though heart had been ripped out. His legs felt weak, as though they were made of gelatine. He didn't answer. Jake seemed to understand. He walked away.