Rotom's Mansion

By now, it was the late afternoon, and a gentle breeze rustled leaves the had fallen on the ground, perfect nests and clothing for Burmy and Sewaddle respectively. After the near win of our protagonist, Play, he and his two companions, Tess and Jake, were ready to continue on the journey through Roria.

"So remind me were we're headed next?" Tess asked, shivering slightly in the increasing cold. Play actually had no idea, he was going to check the map after the battle. So naturally, it was up to Jake, who had a decline in likeableness recently. As they passed the giant white tree, that seemed to calm the plants down that were blowing too hard, Jake responded with,

"The nearest location is Anthian city, the capital of Roria!" He said with the attitude of a know-it-all. He sounded like he knew those words off by heart. Shown by the delicacy in every vowel and syllable.

"I've always wanted an excuse to go to Anthian!" Tess gasped. "How far away is it?!" Jake took a deep breath.

"Right past this forest were we will pass through Craganos Caves, and then of course Craganos Cliffs. Then the Anthian Travel ship will wait for us." 

"Travel ship?" Play thought. "What kind of city would we need to get to on a Travel ship?" Tess suddenly shuddered, and it wasn't because of the cold this time.

"I've heard there's a haunted mansion around here somewhere." Tess said, imagining a huge, scary Gengar, or Banette. Then there was a silence, as the trio arrived at the connection between Route 9 and Route 10. Or what they thought it was. Usually, there was a smiling lady with some conversation going on: This time, there was no lady, no-one there at all. There was a plant pot that had been tipped over, spilling dirt and leaves everywhere, and a bench with strange dark bolts of electricity crackling around it. 

"What the heck!" Play said aloud.

"I-I-I-I-Isn't there s-s-s-s-s-s-supposed to b-b-b-b-e someone there." Jake stuttered, shaking uncontrollably.

"Normally, there is." Play stated, sharing a concerned look with Tess. Another breeze shifted through them, which was especially concerning, regarding they were inside. Without any other place to really go, they had no choice but to progress forward

On the end, they came to a chilling atmosphere. The sky was no longer a clear blue, it was a foggy purple, and in the distance, stood a grand, brick building, with broken windows, and extensions left right and centre.

"Oh no." Tess whispered. "It's Fortulose Manor!" Jake was now embarrassingly shaking even more than before, teeth clattering like an insane skeleton. But Play then had a bright idea.

"Flaafy, GO!" The sheep Pokémon was sent out. "Flaafy, can you use your tail as a light." Flaafy nodded and it's tail glowed a vibrant yellow. Sure enough, the fog cleared out and it was all right to see. Tess's face lit up the same colour as Flaafy's tail.

"Genius!" She exclaimed. Jake's face lit up with jealousy. And with Flaafy's tail guiding the way, Fortulose Manor seemed that little bit less scary. However, things were about to get a whole lot scarier.

The door creaked open with a metallic grinding noise, the hinges were brown with rust and the door was charred around the edges. Play got a splinter pushing the door open, as the door handle had been mysteriously torn off. The interior looked like it was once lively. Ripped red carpets coloured the floor, the wooden walls were covered with holes.

"T-t-this isn't a-as bad." Jake murmured. "At least there's no ghost types." Right on cue, a Duskull leapt out of the darkness, and stared the group down with it's single red eye.