Vs Jake and Tess

The excited Pokémon trainer bounded out of the gym, clutching his badge case, containing the float, brimstone, and arc badge. However, when Play came out of the gym, he happened to bump into an unexpected person. Professor Cypress!

"Well look who it is!" He said, warmly. "What a nice surprise." Cypress wore his previous attire, a black professor's uniform. Short, slicked brown hair, and a pair of small glasses.

"Professor!" Play exclaimed. Cypress adjusted his glasses.

"I wasn't expecting to run into you." Cypress said, changing his word play. "I was just in the neighbourhood to talk to someone about some Pokémon related issues."

"Hold on." Play blurted. "What about Cheshma town?" Play vividly remembered the professor recommending he go to see his 'friend' Lynda. She turned out to be part of team Eclipse, and tried to take his Bronze necklace. The last thing his parents gave to him before they were kidnapped.

"Ah yes." Cypress said, the smile turning into a slightly fake one. "I just wanted to take the time to apologise."

"Lynda was part of team Eclipse." Play said. "I thought she was your friend." Professor Cypress fidgeted nervously with his glasses.

"Anyway." He stuttered, beads of nerves sweat trickling down his head. "It was nice to see you, Play!" And with that, he walked off. Suspicion sparked in Play's mind.

Play headed east of Rosecove gym and came down a paved pathway that went on to route 9. (He studied this before hand on his map). It was onto the afternoon now, and it seemed silly to wait until tomorrow. Plus, there was a Pokémon centre on route 10. It wouldn't be that far of a walk. Just at the entrance, he saw Jake and Tess talking. But before he could figure out what they were saying, Tess spotted him.

"So, how was the gym?" She asked.

"Well..." Play began. "There sure was a lot of water."

"No kidding!" She replied. And they all had a laugh.

"Speaking of types." Tess said, breaking the laughter. "I don't mind water types, but my ideal specialty are of course dragon types."

"Say Tess." Jake said. "Do you have any gym badges?" Tess made a weird face.

"Nah." She stated. "I like adventuring more than battling." Jake tried to take the spotlight back.

"Well there's plenty more where that came from. We've still got so much of Roria left to explore." And with that, the trio set on to route 9. And when Play saw it, he was slightly breathtaken. This route was so full of nature and life. Bug type Pokémon like Venipede, Sewaddle, Kricketot and Paras roamed around the place, without a care in the world. Sewaddles were weaving web and leading on top of them, their leaves looking strong and healthy. Paras were crawling across the floor, with sturdy mushrooms. Venipede were climbing trees and hanging upside down from branches. Kricketot were cheerily bouncing around singing. It was an attractive place. But the most wonderful sight of all, was the massive white tree in the middle of the pathways surrounding route 9. A young boy passed Play.

"You seem pretty memorised about that tree, huh?" He chirped.

"I guess." Play exclaimed.

"Well let me tell you the story." He said conveniently. "A long time ago, the destruction Pokémon, Yveltal attacked this place, until Xerneas, the life Pokémon fought it off, and then it turned into a tree to rest there for supposedly a century, in order to regain it's strength." Then he bounded off, looking like one of the Kricketot that inhabited this place.

"Now I don't know about you." Tess announced. "But I want to know if the people I'm travelling with are tough."

"I'm definitely tough." Jake said, a little to loudly.