Anthian Gym

Play walked into the gym, and immediately, his sense of smell was overtaken by the strong odour of sweat and oil. His eyes soon told him why. There were planes all around the gym, big, and small. In fact, the entire gym seemed like it was like an airport. Play didn't make it very far into the gym when all of a sudden he was stopped by a man wearing a safety jacket, and shortly cropped brown hair.

"Welcome to Anthian gym." He proudly exclaimed. "As you can tell, this is a flying type gym!"

"Good." Play thought. "Flaafy has a type advantage."

"Now." The man said, reaching for a ball on his belt. "It's not just my duty to talk, but to give you a taste, of the type of battling you'll receive at our gym." Play knew where this was going, he selected a ball on his belt as the two of them sent out their Pokemon at the same time.

"Nidoking Go!"

"Pidgeot Go!"

The two Pokemon were sent out and stared each other down.

"Pidgeot, start with a wing attack." Pidgeot's wing glowed bright blue as it darted forward to strike Nidoking.

"Match it with a poison jab!" Nidoking surrounded it's arm in toxic fluids and raised it's arm just in time to match the attack. The poison type' greater strength however allowed it to power through and follow up with a second poison jab on it's other arm to knock Pidgeot down.

"Finish it with Horn attack!" Nidoking's horn extended slightly as it lumbered forward and jabbed Pidgeot in the neck, knocking it out. The man returned his Pidgeot and next sent out a Swoobat. Nidoking moved first and started with a poison jab that Swoobat was barely able to evade, and then followed up with a psycho cut. 

"Block it." Nidoking blocked the attack just in time before leaping upwards for a poison jab that hit Swoobat and sent it careening backwards.

"None of Nidoking's attacks do much damage." Play thought, and then, he remembered a move that Nidoking was capable of learning, a simple one too.

"Nidoking!" Play said. "Use a horn attack but try extending your horn further." Nidoking did just that and started up a horn attack, but attempted to push it out further. 

"Use psycho cut again." The man said. Swoobat used another psychic attack that slowly cut through the air. However Play looked over to Nidoking's horn and saw that it had a green aura, then, he knew Nidoking at performed the move sucessfully.

"Use Megahorn!" Nidoking jumped through the air, it's horn easily powering through the psycho cut and hitting Swoobat straight in the abdomen, knocking it out. The man returned his Swoobat.

"Not bad." He said with a grin. "I know you'll go far in this gym." Play returned his Pokemon and started towards the centre of the gym. At the back wall, seemed to be a man under an airplane. When Play got nearer, the man's voice called out.

"Hey you, over there!" Play stopped. "Me?" He asked.

"Yeah you. Could you do me a favour?" Play really wanted to get on with his gym battle and then help Tess look for info on the Prison bottle, but his gut told him to help this guy out.

"What do you need?" Play asked.

"There should be a measuring tape around here somewhere." The guy said. "Would you mind grabbing it for me?"

"Sure." Play mumbled, as he looked around the huge gym. This wasn't going to be easy. He started near some of the working cases, and started opening draws. A tape measurer should surely be easy to find in a place like this, but there wasn't currently any sign of one. He even had to resort to asking a few workers if they knew where one was. One of them pointed Play in a direction and he followed. Sure enough, Play came across a worker, holding a tape measurer, measuring something.