Silvent City

His last battle had almost been his worst. There was nothing worse than your entire team being swept by one Pokemon. Nidoran had saved the day though, so Play let it stay out of it's Pokéball for a bit. On route three, it was a narrow tunnel with shady trees, then it opened up, to Silvent city, which was were the first gym was held. There was a trainer with an Elecktrike. He had a bit of trouble, as two of his Pokemon were weak to electric, but his Nidoran helped to take it down. There were a few more trainers, but Play took care of them easily.

"Nearly at Silvent City." Play said, while running as fast as he could. "I wish mother and father could see me now." In the last few feet of grass, he tripped over something sticky and woolly. Turning around, he realised it been a Mareep. It growled angrily.

Mareep, the wool Pokémon. When electricity builds up in it's wool, it's fleece builds up in volume, touching it will shock you. Mareep's fluffy coat of wool rubs together and builds a static charge, the static, the brightly the lightbulb at the tip of it's tail grows. It stores air in it's wool, allowing it to stay warm in the winter, and cold in the summer.

Mareep leaped forward, but Nidoran knocked it away, protecting it's leader. Nidoran was becoming Play's most reliable Pokémon. Play threw a Pokéball, which rolled twice, but darn, it broke out.

"Piplup, come and help." Play called. Piplup flapped it's wings, it looked confused at Nidoran. It hadn't been introduced. A wild Mareep was no match for two trained Pokémon. Mareep was caught. By now, the sun had began to set, and it darkened over the city. Despite this, Silvent City was still clearly visible, large electrical towers glowed brightly like diamond stars. It was a small town. Play guessed it must have racked up the most electrical bills. The generator was underground, a metal gate surrounded it. The main part of the city, was the gym. It stood like a majestic phantom sprit. Play's stomach growled. He hadn't eaten anything all day, looking around for a place to eat, he saw that certain Pokémon centers had hotels for the trainers as well as the Pokémon. Play went there. First, he healed his Pokémon, and picked up some supplies for the journey. Like, Pokéballs, and potions, especially paralyse heals. Inside the hotel, he asked for a room key. His number was 018.

"You can use this at other Pokéhotels." Inside the hotel, because it was a small one, there were only 20 rooms, Play had been lucky to get one of the last ones. At the snack-bar, he ordered a burger and some fries. This was the first time he had been able to eat whatever he wanted. He also ordered some Pokémon food. Four bowls, for Piplup, Rookidie, Nidoran, and Mareep. In Play's room, there was a single bed for him, three small circular beds for Piplup, Nidoran, and Mareep. And one on a stand for Rookie. It wasn't until twenty minuets later that Play realised Piplup had crawled under the covers with him. He fell asleep knowing to beat the gym leader tomorrow.

Slap, slap, slap. Play could feel his face being slapped by something slightly moist. He opened his eyes, to see Piplup there, it was slapping his face, while jumping up and down, while trilling excitedly. Nidoran and Mareep were running around the room, and Rookidie was trying to open the door while flying.

"Okay, guys." Play said, yawning. "I'm getting up." All Pokémon cheered, Play got dressed got his Pokéballs ready. After he was prepared, he headed to the snack-bar to have breakfast. The Pokémon had the same, but Play had eggs and sizzling bacon. Play had to admit. Silvent City didn't look as dazzling as it did at night. All the lights had been turned off, but the electricity still buzzed about. After walking to the gym. Play took a deep breath, he took a deep breath for his first ever gym battle. Inside, it was very obvious that the 'gym' was also a nightclub. Usually, they were for adults only. A portly man with a grey jacket, several times too small for him. Was there to greet him with a smile.

"Slow down eager McBidoof." He said. "Before you continue I just want to let you know few things about this gym. First, to get to the gym leader, you will have to battle two bouncers. After you defeat them, you will have to dance your way to the next fight, stepping on a tile will turn it green, touch it again, it will turn red, this will restart the process, you will need to activate all plates before progressing." Taking all the information in, Play stepped forward for his first battle. The first bouncer had funky green hair, which pointed all over the place.