07| follow my command

♚♔♚♔♚

♚♔♚♔♚

I abruptly turn and almost hit the table in process. His hand stays gripped on my wrist not once loosening. Tingles shot from my hand and wrapped around my whole body making me feel an instant warmth. The kind of warmth that made a soft and pleasant presence appear.

"Please let go of my wrist sir. I apologize for leaving when I wasn't dismissed." I state calmingly without stuttering even though I felt as though I might pass out any moment. His presence not only made me feel a sense of warmth but scared as well. He had an aura of dominance and authority that made me submissive to him despite not wanting to. I couldn't help it though. When in a position with a more dominant person, I can feel their authority coming over me.

"I know you would run away if I were to let you go." He raised himself from his seat and came closer to me. I stiffened when feeling his breath hit my ear. "Like you did yesterday."

He let go of me as I stood frozen in shock. My eyes widened while I stared at him but he did not meet my gaze. Instead, he continued eating his food as if he hasn't just spoken to me or touched me.

Oh for goodness sakes what was wrong with this guy!

Not only had he made me embarrass myself by making me serve him the food again when Ava already did, but he also held my wrist in front of everyone.

Including Ava.  

It was like a bucket of ice had split over me when I came to that realization.

Great!

Could this day truly get any worse?

I needed to get away from him before he makes life even harder for me. Why does this man appear before me everywhere I go? Is he still not over the fact that I had disturbed him a few nights ago? I repaid my debt to him by making him pasta and I even apologized to him by explaining the situation. Then, why is he always around me. It couldn't all be a coincidence—could it?

"Mr. McKnight if you still have some time before you finish your food, may I go back to doing some other tasks to help my co-"

"No." With one single word he cut me off and silenced me. Just one word. I didn't say anything after that and just stared directly at the floor. I knew the others were still looking towards us despite them serving the other customers. I wondered what was going through their minds right now. I wondered what everyone was thinking. Though I knew what must be crossing all of their minds as it was a thought that kept crossing my mind as well. A thought that consisted of a question with no answer.