03| the day after

♚♔♚♔♚

♚♔♚♔♚

I froze in disbelief when all the memories from the previous night had come back to me in a sudden blow. A few parts were a bit hazy but I still knew what I had done. Granted that I was a bit relieved with the fact that I had not slept with the man but—

I had spent the whole night with the opposite gender!

A man!

And not just any regular old male.

No, no.

I, Hallie Talin, spent a whole night with—

Darius McKnight!

Seeing that he was still resting peacefully on the bed looking like a model, I quickly jumped out of the bed making sure that all of my belongings were with me before existing the room. I winced hearing the creek of the door but when no noise came from the other side I continued my escape plan. Just as I was about to leave, something caught my eyes.

It was the nasty, day old macaroni on the floor. It was the mess I had created the night before when I had told Darius to not cook for another woman.

Oh for goodness sakes!

Could I go a moment without having to remember the embarrassing events that that happened the previous night? Was that too much to ask for?

Feeling utterly embarrassed and guilty I place my things gently on the floor careful to not make even the slightest peep. Taking light steps I go to the kitchen finding a rag and napkin to clean up the mess. Once the mess was cleaned up and the floor was spotless, I drag myself out the door and rush to my room.

A thought processed in my mind that kept me worrying. 'Does Darius know who I was last night?'

I am positive he doesn't even know his next door neighbor is a girl. Every time I would cross paths with him I would make sure to keep my head down to not catch his sight. I mean he couldn't possible recognize me if he saw me again. I look totally different then I normally do with the dress and the makeup. However, with the way my face felt I could already tell I look like a mess right now even without looking in the mirror. I mean my dress already formed wrinkles that were not there last night and my face felt as if there was icky goo on it.

I look at my phone to check the time when I get flooded by messages and miscalls.

Shoot!

I forgot I went with Ava and Beth to the party. They must be so worried. Almost instantly, I press the call button to Ava and not even a second later I hear her frantic voice.