01| a party mishap

♚♔♚♔♚[2 years later]

♚♔♚♔♚
[2 years later]

I walked down the hall and headed directly towards the cafeteria where I know my friends were waiting for me patiently.

The moment I stepped into the doors of the cafeteria, I spot two familiar figures in the far left corner table laughing and giggling with each other. As I slowly approached them, they noticed me and started waving me over. I quickened my pace and sat down at a vacant spot. 

"Hey, Hallie!" Ava and Beth greet me and I nod my head towards them in response passing them a bright smile.

They continued with their conversation with me silently listening to them as I observed them.

Both were exceptionally beautiful and have always made me wonder why they chose to be friends with a girl like me. Ava is blonde-headed girl with gorgeous light blue eyes that shined in the sunlight while Beth was a dark haired girl with hazel eyes that stood out in her light complexion. There were many times that I have felt awkward being beside them as they were very pretty while I was more average. However, despite having average looks I have seen a major perk.

I do not stand out from the crowd.

Unwanted attention is a problem I have never faced which I am very thankful for.

"Hey, Hallie guess what?" Beth asked looking at me very eagerly. I tilt my head and peered at her. "What?"

Ava and Beth look at each other before squealing out loud. Ava leans forwards and whispers "Darius McKnight just walked in."

I turn to the cafeteria doors and see him standing there looking like a Greek god. Scratch that he is more than just a Greek god. I heard squealing from all around me and realized that the female population in the cafeteria have all noticed him. I mean how could they not. He was Darius McKnight. The second son of James McKnight, a world known billionaire.

As every female watched him, I too shamelessly joined in. Silently, I look at him and admired his beauty that hypnotized me from day one. His soft, golden hair that was slightly messed up to his light blue eyes that shined even without the light of the sun. The blank look that seemed as though it was permanently stained on his face made him seem unapproachable which complemented his impassive stance.

There were many times where I wondered if he every felt uncomfortable with all this attention he received since ever  female had a crush on him (including me) and all the guys were jealous of him (which I understood completely). But that's what surprises me. He never seems to be affected by the attention not once.

Darius stood with his hands casually placed in his pant pockets as he scanned the cafeteria before exiting, leaving my range of sight.