19| night terrors

♚♔♚♔♚

♚♔♚♔♚

Night.

A place where terror leaks in the darkest of shadows and where creatures of different forms reside in. A place no one can escape.

I found myself alone surrounded by black clouds with no sight of light. It was quiet and not one that is soothing but one that awaits a coming storm.

A loud, familiar cackling filled the void one that has haunted me for years and years.

"Darius."

The voice was soft as if an angel were speaking but I knew it was all a facade. I had fallen for that illusion once and have regretted it since.

It wasn't no angel. No, it was a demon.

"Darius come here sweetheart. I promise to keep you safe." She laughed again as I began to shake. A cry left my lips but it fell to deaf ears as the laughter got louder and louder.

I pushed my feet and began to run not caring where I went with one goal in head.

To get away from her.

"Darius don't run. Come here."

I ran and ran however all I saw was the same dark clouds. I stopped falling to the ground allowing tears to finally fall.

"Please-please let me go." I begged letting my knees buckle and landing on the ground. A mirror suddenly appeared before me allowing me to see my pathetic self.

But I was no longer a man.

I was a small child with battered clothes and cheeks the color of blood that held streams of tears.

My hands shook as I touched the cold glass seeing the child who's eyes held fear.

This boy was broken.

The mirror began to crack before it shattered completely disappearing into thin air.

"Oh my Darius! Are you crying my dear boy? Come here so I can make it all better." Her voice sounded near and near and through the dark clouds I could see a figure walking closer and closer.

A monster.

I screamed.

"Darius!" Someone screamed jolting me awake waking me from my nightmare.